Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL Object Depository

Tibor Szolnoki
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
[Note from Moderator - June 14, 2013:
Dear Talkers,
With ArchiCAD 16 came https://bimcomponents.com, the new object site for ArchiCAD. It has become the main distribution center for objects for the ArchiCAD community. It works with ArchiCAD versions 16 and later.
The GDL Object Depository is still functioning for those using earlier ArchiCAD versions. Those versions do not work with Bimcomponents.com as they don't contain the necessary user interface and code for its integration.
The GDL Depository will continue to be located at
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php.
The only change is that there is no longer a direct link to it from the main page of the ArchiCAD-Talk Forum. Otherwise it is working as before]

Original post follows:

Dear Archi-Talkers,

I’m glad to announce that the GDL Object Depository is now open:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php

This website provides a forum for Archicad users who want to exchange free GDL objects and texture libraries. GDL Object Depository has two purposes:

Free object download

Free GDL objects, libraries and textures are available for download from an easy-to-understand folder hierarchy for all registered members of the Archicad-Talk forum. As a starter GDL object Depository contains all the GDL libraries that were previously released on the GDL Central website. Note that you have to accept the download agreement before you can start downloading.

Free object upload

Registered users of the Archicad-Talk forum are enabled to contribute to the content of this depository and share their free GDL objects and textures with other Archicad users. For each uploaded element the owner has to provide basic information such as the title, the version and the language of the library. Furthermore a short description and a preview image can be added to every object.

Please post your comments and requests regarding the GDL Object depository functions and features in this thread.

Note: Since the complete content of GDL Central is now available from the Object Depository we decided to close the GDL Central website by the end of June.

Best regards,
Tibor Szolnoki

Product Manager
ArchiCAD Product Management
54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a quick question. What programs are being used to build the objects i the library
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yksrep wrote:
Just a quick question. What programs are being used to build the objects i the library
basic
does "GDL" sounds familiar to you?
toofuerte
Contributor
I AM WONDERING WHAT IS MEANT BY THE DEPOSITORY SAYING THAT THERE COULD BE A BAN ON ME AND MY IP ADDRESS FOR MASS DOWNLOADING. I WAS TRYING TO DOWNLOAD THE THREE TEXTURES FILES. WHEN I HAD A TROUBLE WITH THEM I THOUGHT I WOULD PAUSE A COUPLE AND THEN DOWNLOAD THEM ONE AT A TIME IT CAME UP WITH THE MESSAGE WHEN I RESTARTED ONE. NOW I AM SCARED IF I TRY TO DOWNLOAD ANY OTHERS I WILL BE BANNED FROM DOWNLOADING ANY MORE FROM THIS SITE. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
Gerald Acton "Gary"

Acton Design Services

Windows 10 PRO 64 bit

i7-5820K @ 3.30ghz 32GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Ram

AC 19 - AC 26
Thomas Holm
Booster
It's your signature. You're just too: (see attachment)
Bild 1.png
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
toofuerte wrote:
I AM WONDERING WHAT IS MEANT BY THE DEPOSITORY SAYING THAT THERE COULD BE A BAN ON ME AND MY IP ADDRESS FOR MASS DOWNLOADING. I WAS TRYING TO DOWNLOAD THE THREE TEXTURES FILES. WHEN I HAD A TROUBLE WITH THEM I THOUGHT I WOULD PAUSE A COUPLE AND THEN DOWNLOAD THEM ONE AT A TIME IT CAME UP WITH THE MESSAGE WHEN I RESTARTED ONE. NOW I AM SCARED IF I TRY TO DOWNLOAD ANY OTHERS I WILL BE BANNED FROM DOWNLOADING ANY MORE FROM THIS SITE. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
Let me know if you are banned and we will handle it.

Edit: For security reasons, I cannot state what the limit is with number of downloads.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hai...anybody knows how to convert 3ds max libraries to archicad object (gsm).....I am new user of Archicad 11....
Sorry my english is very bad and thank's before
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hay wrote:
Hai...anybody knows how to convert 3ds max libraries to archicad object (gsm).....I am new user of Archicad 11....
Sorry my english is very bad and thank's before
you can download the 3ds import add-on. go to help>goodies
Wokka
Contributor
Unfortunatley MAX has it's own format and you need it open and saveas the max objects. You can download the demo and save them before it expires..
cheers
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes sorry, the add-on only works with .3ds file. if they are .max files you will need to convert them.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Any chance someone with influence can update the Depository to include AC14 in the version pop up menu when submitting stuff to the Deository?

Hasn't been updated since AC12 btw

I've just uploaded a Work Environment for AC14 which includes shortcuts for intersect, fillet and perp/parallel and some other useful palettes such as a Quicklayers that doesn't disappear!
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics