BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Can't find missing door

kevin b
Contributor
I have a small project, which was started in AC!2 but the person who started it had the migration library loaded and was using older favorites so many of the doors were AC11 parts. In our efforts to keep as much stuff current as possible, I try to upgrade all the doors (among other things) to AC12 parts.

So all of the doors are now AC12 doors. However, when I unload the Migration Library I get a Library Loading error that door D1 Commercial Door 11 is missing. I turn all the layers on, I check every door individually. I use find and select sort door object by name and D1 Commercial Door 11 shows up on the list of possible doors but when you hit select, nothing gets selected.

It's obviously buried somewhere but how can I find it and how to get rid of it?

I know, I could just load the Migration Library but we are trying to get everyone to use only new objects and if the 11 Migration Library isn't loaded they can't use those parts by "accident"
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
5 REPLIES 5
rocorona
Booster
May be that it is called as a macro, from some other object?

You can try to load all the libraries (incl. migration) and save a copy of the file, in PLA format, then open it and expand the library, so you get "editable" objects. Then open the D1 Commercial Door 11 lib. part and add, at the very beginning of the Master Script:
SPHERE 10
and save.
If that object is really used, you will see a big ball in you project (20 meter diameter).
Then, if you can select the sphere (the door) in 3D, you can delete or substitute it.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Hi Kevin,

Check to see if it is still set as the default door in the door settings.

You could also try creating a quick temporary schedule, and list all the doors used in the project. Use the 'select on floorplan' button if it shows up. This should highlight it on any storey.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Try the reverse, load the 11 migration library and NOT the 12 library. The only door that won't be a DOT will be your door.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It may also be possible that a Favorite is still referring to the library part that is not available in the loaded libraries and this causes the message to appear.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Erika Epstein
Booster
laszlonagy wrote:
It may also be possible that a Favorite is still referring to the library part that is not available in the loaded libraries and this causes the message to appear.
Thanks Laszlo, always something new to learn.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!