BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

New to ArchiCAD - Work for Client

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just got ArchiCAD off a client of mine that needs me to do some floorplans and I want to get my head around it before sending off the floorplans to the estate agents.

What I'm having particular trouble with is the dimensions, I'm using co-ordinates to create the walls, however I'm having difficulty doing internal walls, and where to start off from, for example if I have a wall length of 7.63 metres, and 2.2 metres along that wall I need a perpendicular wall of 5 metres, how do I set it up? At the moment I'm using the co-ordinates, but surely there's a quicker way to do this?
5 REPLIES 5
RandyC
Advocate
try relative coordinates , hit R then type your distance
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a particular reason why you are using co-ordinates? Using the tracker is much faster.

Turn on the tracker, click once to start the wall, point it in the right direction using the temporary guide lines to snap to, type in the distance, hit return. Done!

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, my client was a surveyor and is now a CEA/DEA, so used co-ordinates back in the day, I'll try using the tracker instead. How do I turn it on then??
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
traxor wrote:
I'll try using the tracker instead. How do I turn it on then??
traxor:

Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > Tracker and Coordinate Input.

You should modify your Signature to add your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, I've added that now.

I'm having some problems with dimensions, my client has given me them internally and due to the thickness of the walls etc, it's all pretty complicated, so I'm having to do each room, is there any way to counter-act this?

Also, can I modify the windows at all? I want a bay window that isn't in the pack...
Learn and get certified!