BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ARCHline.XP 2009 or ArchiCAD 12?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to make decision - to by ArchiCAD 12 or ARCHline.XP 2009 - both of them are great programs, but difference in price is large ~1000 €.

Can you tell me why to buy one of them but not the other?
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
No one reply .

Can You just see these videos and tell me what ArchiCAD can do and what cannot:

http://72.14.221.132/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.archlinexp.cc/it/servizi-download/downloads/video-tutorial.html&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhiob7GlKoiV7y46fzTrSiEFJ73Quw
Thomas Holm
Booster
OK. I just did a quick check of the Archline web site. Seems to me Archicad can do almost everything Archline can, and then a lot, with the exception of raster to vector conversion.

I'd say it essentially cooks down to what it always does - you get what you pay for!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad can do almost everything Archline.xp can, but for that I need to pay extra - Cigraph's addons.

I did not decide yet - right now I have problem with ArchiCAD and window decoration - it is not possible to add architrave, with my on profile to window.

As time pass, I have feeling that ArchiCAD is not worth of 3500 €.
stefan
Expert
Thorn wrote:
Archicad can do almost everything Archline.xp can, but for that I need to pay extra - Cigraph's addons.

I did not decide yet - right now I have problem with ArchiCAD and window decoration - it is not possible to add architrave, with my on profile to window.

As time pass, I have feeling that ArchiCAD is not worth of 3500 €.
You could support the Hungarian economy by going with ArchiCAD 😉

Anyway, it is worth €3500 since I paid a lot more when I bought it in 1998 (or 1999?). I think the only program on an equal level is Revit.

But be sure to do some proper training too when you start using it.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh hell! ArchiLINE XP 2009 is only f****g intelliCAD based application and nothing more.
Anonymous
Not applicable
crazyASD wrote:
Oh hell! ArchiLINE XP 2009 is only f****g intelliCAD based application and nothing more.
You are wrong - it has nothing with intellicad. CadLine programers are ex-graphisoft programers.

stefan wrote:
You could support the Hungarian economy by going with ArchiCAD Wink
Cadline is Hungarian company, too
Djordje
Ace
Thorn wrote:
Can You just see these videos and tell me what ArchiCAD can do and what cannot:
Neither ArchiCAD not ArchLineXP can do anything.

It is a question of what YOU can do using them.

Has always been, will always be.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nevermind.

We made decision yesterday - our choice is Revit.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are wrong - it has nothing with intellicad. CadLine programers are ex-graphisoft programers.
I hope... But this looks as typical intelliCAD app...
We made decision yesterday - our choice is Revit.
Revit is sux. I guarantee it.
Learn and get certified!