Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

What are new tools for ARCHICAD 13?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello 🙂
I was wondering if we maybe know what new tools we can expect with the new version of Archicad?
I finaly hope for 3D composite structure layers to be visible, also their 2D representation to be automaticly adjusted to the layer thickness (eg. thermal insulation).
Slab layers and their intersection with wall layers...
Also maybe while defining wall composite layers we can also define each layer height.
Better and more detailed quantity take-off is a must.
221 REPLIES 221
TomWaltz
Participant
jorgec wrote:
I would prefer that they take their time and get it right. Work out the kinks. .
You're right, but it needs to be in addition to, not instead of, meeting the deadlines they promised customers.

Just like architects, software developers need to be on-time, on-budget, and meet strict QA/QC. If they can't then they need to be prepared for how the customers will react.
Tom Waltz
owen
Newcomer
TomWaltz wrote:
..Just like architects, software developers need to be on-time, on-budget, and meet strict QA/QC. If they can't then they need to be prepared for how the customers will react.
You could add 'and deliver what their customer/client is asking for (>wishlist)' rather than going off on other escapades .. ala Autodesks Ribbon fiasco
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
TomWaltz
Participant
owen wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:
..Just like architects, software developers need to be on-time, on-budget, and meet strict QA/QC. If they can't then they need to be prepared for how the customers will react.
You could add 'and deliver what their customer/client is asking for (>wishlist)' rather than going off on other escapades .. ala Autodesks Ribbon fiasco
That too. Again, like architects, the developers need to give their clients what they really need. Graphisoft had a few of those, but I think tended toward the "half-done feature" instead.

The Microsoft Ribbon was bad enough.
Tom Waltz
I haven't been paying any attention to the Forum lately and did not participate in the beta testing this time.

When is 13 supposed to be available. ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Chazz
Enthusiast
Bricklyne wrote:
It's interesting to me just how little interest, enthusiasm, or speculation there is on these boards regarding this new upcoming version compared to last year or to previous versions.
Steve wrote:
I haven't been paying any attention to the Forum lately and did not participate in the beta testing this time. When is 13 supposed to be available. ?
Are these two posts somehow related? Is the one a symptom of the other or is it more causal?

I agree that the general hopes for great things in V13 have been blunted. I'd love to be proved wrong but it's hard to hope/care when we have things like the Work Environment/Tracker disappearance bug that go unfixed, hotfix after hotfix (it may have even survived from v11).

I think many users (myself included) simply have very little faith in the GS development effort. The company just seems to have lost its way.

And I'm getting sick of hearing about the bottomless resources of Autodesk. Beyond a certain point, money makes little difference. Innovation and great ideas cost no more than stale, stupid ideas. GS needs to start thinking like an underdog startup and innovating their way out of this hole they have dug themselves into. It is very hard to win loyalty among users but you can loose it in a heartbeat.

Graphisoft, if you are wondering what loosing the loyalty of your users looks like, please, open your eyes and look around because we are all witnessing it now.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please GS give us some news!
We love archicad, and if we crticize it it is because we believe in it and we know it can be improved.
Despite all that it lacks, it is really still the best soft around, especially BIM soft, so don't let it be lost!
Let us knowthat you are working hard!
Olivier
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chazz wrote:
And I'm getting sick of hearing about the bottomless resources of Autodesk. Beyond a certain point, money makes little difference. Innovation and great ideas cost no more than stale, stupid ideas. GS needs to start thinking like an underdog startup and innovating their way out of this hole they have dug themselves into. It is very hard to win loyalty among users but you can loose it in a heartbeat.
i completely agree. Graphisoft started this "BIM revolution" years ago, it's not Autodesk's fault that they did nothing with it.

I wonder what Nemechek's plans for GS really are? as their Maxon Cinema 4D is still a great, innovative product.
Thomas Holm
Booster
sdb wrote:
I wonder what Nemetschek's plans for GS really are?
THAT is the big question
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Chazz wrote:
Bricklyne wrote:
It's interesting to me just how little interest, enthusiasm, or speculation there is on these boards regarding this new upcoming version compared to last year or to previous versions.
Steve wrote:
I haven't been paying any attention to the Forum lately and did not participate in the beta testing this time. When is 13 supposed to be available. ?
Are these two posts somehow related? Is the one a symptom of the other or is it more causal?

I think many users (myself included) simply have very little faith in the GS development effort. The company just seems to have lost its way. ..................
Bingo!!!

You hit the nail right on the head there. It takes a lot of meticulous work and effort to pull off what GS seem to be doing (i.e. putting off their own userbase), but we could all see this coming miles away with the diminishing participation of GS developers on these forums over the years, and the apparent seemingly perpetual lack of interest on their part to the users' issues with the program (specifically the wishlist section) year after year and release after release. Not to mention misplaced priorities with not very useful new features, while the nuts and bolts of the program rust away, the infamous woeful marketing strategy, and the list goes on and on.

And then to make matters worse, we now have this recession, which makes interest, enthusiasm and loyalty even, to this program really low on the list of priorities of things that a professional has to worry about, or consider. Or which is leading students coming out of school (read: new users and potential future customers) reasoning that they "have to learn Revit" to stand a better chance of getting a job out there in this economy, because, that's what's used in the industry and that's the future of Architecture (or so Autodesk would have them believe without much in the way of a rebuttal or a challenge from GS)

The interest on these boards is dead (or getting there fast) because GS killed it. That's a bit harsh, but it is what it is; - if they don't seem like they care about the development, health and future of the program, then why should anyone else?

....can't emphasize this enough:
Chazz wrote:
Graphisoft, if you are wondering what loosing the loyalty of your users looks like, please, open your eyes and look around because we are all witnessing it now.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
Lots of hype about Revit here?

Maybe GS wants to outdo Revit thats why they are taking their time, I hope ???

So can any informed people create a simple list as to what GS needs to do to match Revits advancements?

And you informed people would know how ArchiCAD 12 has advancements beyond Revit, please show us a simple list?

Competition at the top level between AC and Revit can only be for our
good if these 2 products want to be the leading Architectural Product.

And you long winded IT geeks please keep it short for us who have limited time to read over technical jargon, not all of us are on your level.

Have a Happy time using your programs!