Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

door and door frame

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi guys, i am doing a detail in 2d and its a section through a door/frame floor etc.
my frame is set on the concrete and tiles are laid so that they cover about 25mm of the frame at the bottom. is there a way to set the door so that it is, say 10mm above the tiles but keep the frame where it is?
cheers for the help
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
splitlid wrote:
hi guys, i am doing a detail in 2d and its a section through a door/frame floor etc.
my frame is set on the concrete and tiles are laid so that they cover about 25mm of the frame at the bottom. is there a way to set the door so that it is, say 10mm above the tiles but keep the frame where it is?
cheers for the help
An attached image would help but maybe the Oversize settings can help.
Set some Oversize value for the bottom of the Door and raise the Door by that amount. That is, if I understood you problem correctly.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi laszlonagy,
heres the pdf file, i have raised the door in the detail but cant do it in the section, does it matter?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I would use the Oversize setting for the Door.
It will cut a larger hole for the Door into the Wall.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it depends on the door object you are using and whether this parameter has been included. I use Cadimage door/window builder and the door objects have this option clearly indicated (see image, gap has been exaggerated ).
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi guys thanks for the info, i have tried the door oversize method and whilst it does do what its supposed to do, it moves the frame also,unless im missing something..

anyho, wil use cadimage and see if it works, thanks. will post if i achieve what was origionally a discussion with a friend turned major headache.