Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

curve lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all :

I need to get curve`s line (red in the picture) in elevations or section like I made by Photoshop to appear the curve wall without shade setting .
thank you

1.jpg
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
nourqueen85 wrote:
hi all :

I need to get curve`s line (red in the picture) in elevations or section like I made by Photoshop to appear the curve wall without shade setting .
thank you
section settings go to Model display
and in uncut elements select fill uncut surfaces with ( colors non shaded)
Anonymous
Not applicable
that dose not work >>> my be you don't understand my question i need the vertical line ( red color in the first post ) which appear the curve of the wall >>

thank
Anonymous
Not applicable
how about changing the 3d window settings to wireframe.

view>3d view mode>3d window settings.
then under 'mode' change to wire frame.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You have to create a "Vertical Line Fill" with spacing around 1m. Create a Material called Curved Wall. Apply this Fill to the new material. Apply this material to the curved wall.

On Section Settings:
--Model Display
-----Vectorial 3d Hatching (Click the box)

This should work
Anonymous
Not applicable
Use Dwights 'line 3d vertical.gsm' found in his 3d lines and circles pack here to create one vertical line positioned at the edge of the the curved wall (at 6 o'clock position). Radially multiply using the centre of the circle as the rotation point.

These lines will then appear in all elevations!

These objects could be improved even further by adding graphical hotspots to resize the lines in 3d. I might have a play later this evening if I get round to it!

Hope that helps.
TMA_80
Enthusiast
there should be no work-around for this kind of "basic" architectural representation...

IMHO, this should be incorporated in project preferences, in the elevation/section options or specific once the wall is curved....
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you all
Thomas Holm
Booster
nourqueen85 wrote:
that dose not work >>> my be you don't understand my question i need the vertical line ( red color in the first post ) which appear the curve of the wall >>
You want something the programmers have spent years to get rid of! Why not just segment the wall?
If not, Bernardo's vertical line fill trick is the best. Will work in all elevations, without 2D editing. I would not call it a workaround!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
nourqueen85 wrote:
You want something the programmers have spent years to get rid of! Why not just segment the wall?
If not, Bernardo's vertical line fill trick is the best. Will work in all elevations, without 2D editing. I would not call it a workaround!
for me its workaround, why the hell we have GDL then ? We need intelegence way of presentation...
I dont want to loose time on puting these lines on my drawings, capishi