Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Back referencing a section marker in a detail

Anonymous
Not applicable
does anyone know if there is a way to put a Section source marker into a detail so it can be back referenced?

thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know if it can be done as standard option, but
I did make a "back" reference of a detail back to the section cut on my last set of plans, because I thought that it was an appropriate thing to do in that
particular instance.
However, I got it RED lined by a very experienced and picky plan checker who got confused about it. So go figure?
Stress Co_
Advisor
Not sure if I understand the question,
but if you mean you want to place a section marker that's linked to a view or drawing.... then open the Section Marker settings and choose "place linked marker" (then select which drawing/viewpoint you want it referenced to).
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
The section marker that is linked to a view or drawing can't be back referenced to. At least I haven't found a way of doing it.

The back reference only seems to work from the detail drawing back to its source marker on the section.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Like Marc I have no problem back-referencing section markers and changing the reference. Are we misunderstanding what you ar trying to achieve?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"