Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Sketch Render - Grass

Anonymous
Not applicable
After following some earlier posts regarding renders in the sketch engine, I have been playing around with the different settings, overlaying onto Lightworks renders etc etc....

Anyways, the boss has requested some grass be shown, and im a little stumped as to the best way to get a nice grass effect. Had a go in photoshop, just painting the grass in with a grass looking brush, but im not convinced it's a great or even a good outcome.

Ive attached my attempt so far.

Does anyone have any ideas or tips that will help.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Kids Play High Sketch Modified.jpg
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
The settings I am using came from other people's posts in this forum, thank you to those who shared their knowledge earlier.

Start with Kor-I-Nor and adjust settings to match.

Tip: For internal sketch renders with shadows, turn Shadow Line Settings: Darkness down to approx. 20 or to taste.

Mike
Picture 6.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
those settings are perfect i just tried it on one of my current jobs and its exactly what what im gonna be using from now one.. thanks for posting them. only thing i did change was teh darkness of the shadows.. from 100 down to 60%

thanks again
Anonymous
Not applicable
hello!

I have been surfing these forums for a while now... and your renders have inspired me to finally register...

could you give some advice on how you are adding your plant images... are they vectors? How are you rendering them "sketchy" Where do you find images like this to place in the render?

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Standard wrote:
hello!

I have been surfing these forums for a while now... and your renders have inspired me to finally register...

could you give some advice on how you are adding your plant images... are they vectors? How are you rendering them "sketchy" Where do you find images like this to place in the render?

Thanks!
my guess is there just 3D trees from the library?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Standard wrote:
fuzzymike2002 mentioned that the trees were done in photoshop (great job by the way)... and Peter Clark provided a link that describe yet another cool way of rendering some sketchy trees (most advantageous when using the sketch rendering engine IMHO).
Anonymous
Not applicable
The trees were done in photoshop.

I took some pages of hand drawn trees from the old days, stuff my boss had lying around that he used to trace when it was all pencil/ink on paper/film.......scanned them and them cut and arranged them in photoshop.

If I think of it I might post the tree jpg's on here, but don't hold your breath waiting, too busy at the moment.

Mike