Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Help with intersection cleanup -Double stud w/ single stud

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please review attached .pdf with my wall issue. I have a single stud wall intersecting a double stud wall with air space in between (plumbing wall). The issue is that the single stud will clean up with only the first stud it reaches and will not pass the air space composite to clean up with the second stud beyond. The gypsum board also will not clean the corner either. I have indicated the material along with skin priority number setting. I also have the metal studs as core components and gypsum boards as finishes. The exception is the air space in the double stud wall was forced to be a core component since it was in between two core metal stud components. I don't know if that led to my problem here.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
You won't get it exatly as you want as the stud fill will only trim to the first stud fill in the double wall.
But if you make one side of the single wall gypsum to be a stronger value than the air space and the stud work then it will trim past both.

But only for one side of the single wall.
Then be careful to place walls with the reference lines as shown.

Barry.
wall-skins.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did try adjusting the gypsum board priorities to have them higher than the stud wall component. The issue I had with that is the single stud with gypsum on both sides is a very common wall used in the project and in other areas of the project, especially at "T" intersections, I would get clean ups like the image shown. I wouldn't want the gypsum boards to have higher priorities than the studs. I guess in this situation it might be an either/or circumstance for me to pick from?
Paste7820090.jpg
Barry Kelly
Having a bit more of a play you probably want all of the walls to be set the same.
Gypsum priority = 8
Stud priority = 10
Air space priority = 6

All the walls in the attached image are set like that.
Except the single wall at the bottom of the double stud wall.
This is the only different one that has the gypsum on the reference side set to a priority of 12.

But take not of how you trim the walls together.
They all seem to work quite well if you let Archicad trim them automatically.
The two single walls that dont trim to the double wall were forced to trim to the non-reference side and they don't trim the skins properly.

I hope this helps more than confuses.
Barry.
wall-skins_2.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11