BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door/Wall issue...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a door that is partially in the first floor, partially in the second floor (see attached). It also goes right through the floor slab. Is there a way to make it show completely in elevation? The picture will explain it all...

Perspective.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
From your image it looks like you have modelled two separate walls. A solution would be to place an empty opening into the lower wall which is the same size as the door needs to be.

Using a multistory wall in place of the two separate walls would work in this situation as well.

I don't understand why the floorslab is showing in this position though? Surely there would be no slab in the position of the stairwell/corridor behind the door?
Anonymous
Not applicable
They are two separate walls, yes. I was just wondering if there was a setting somewhere that would "pop" the whole door out.

If I use a multistory wall, won't the windows on both the floors show up on both the floor plans??

Don't mind the floor slab not supposed to be there!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven wrote:
They are two separate walls, yes. I was just wondering if there was a setting somewhere that would "pop" the whole door out.
No, not at the moment.
If I use a multistory wall, won't the windows on both the floors show up on both the floor plans??
It all depends on the projection/symbolic settings of both the wall and the door, and whether the door intersects the floorplan cut plan. What floorplan would you normally show a door that's halfway in between floors?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
What floorplan would you normally show a door that's halfway in between floors?
This one is more on the second floor so.....

I never though of using one tall wall for two stories and just using the floorplan cut plane to show certain elements. I always used two walls.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Steven wrote:
/..... I always used two walls.
As I do too.
KISS principle Steven, just put and empty opening in the wall below.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Learn and get certified!