BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Maxwell plugin don't works

Anonymous
Not applicable
We use AC 10 and 12. The Maxwell-plugin works in v.10 but not in v.12. I have downloaded the latest Maxwell-plugin. In AddOn- manager I got the message "The file is an outdated Add-On that cannot be used with this ArchiCAD version."
6 REPLIES 6
It works fine for me. Is the problem in where the add-on file is located?
Do you render in ArchiCAD using the Maxwell Rendering Engine or do you export the model to Maxwell Studio, tweak the textures and then reder with Maxwell ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem is somehow in ArchiCAD installation.

I had AC12 with Maxwell addon working ok (Fujitsu Celsius H240, Vista 32 bit, Dual Core, Avira antivirus). This AC12 was installed from original DVD and updated gradually as hotfixes have appeared.

I installed AC12 to my new computer (Fujitsu Celsius H270, Vista 64 bit, Quad Extreme, Norton antivirus) from original DVD and updated it. Then I installed Maxwell plugin. It was not working. I copied plugin file from first computer, didn't help. I installed AC12 with two different country and older and original (DVD) build versions, didn't help. However, when I copied AC-executable and DLL:s from first computer and executed AC12 (build 2523) - plugin started working on second computer, too. So it seems that files installer creates are different on 64-bit system.

(Something else: after latest hotfix for AC12-FIN, Graphisoft's own MEP-extension has become deprecated, too.)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've also have problems with my maxwell plugins. I have now a quad core. Have talking too nextlimit and there is a DevIL.dll that should be both under \graphisoft\archicad 12 and \windows\system32 path.

But it won't help me but have helped other.
Anonymous
Not applicable
*gaaaaaaaaah* Why does it worked on this machine before my harddrive crashed but not anymore? Everything else is the same.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Next limit have solved my issue, there was 2 windows .dll files that I missed in my /system32 directory.

msvcp71.dll
msvcr71.dll

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone!

I have winvista32 system,and use Archicad12 2675.

I've installed the Maxwell Render 1.7.0 and the plugin which is for archicad12.

But i have a problem which says this add-on can't be used with this archicad version,on add-on manager box.

is there anybody has the same problem or who can help me?

thanks for all.
Learn and get certified!