BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Page size and the interactive schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a means to establish a page size for the interactive schedule such that when you place the schedule on the drawing it will force a second "column" of information with their own headers. I am not sure if what I am saying is clear, but the issue is if you have say 100 + windows in a window schedule, that schedule is too long to fit on the final output sheet. Thanks for any feedback.
10 REPLIES 10
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Again Mike you have found another formatting limitation of the IS. Truth is it is very poor in this regard, and requires many workarounds. The best of which, in this case, is to place hotpsots on the relevant parts of the schedule and crop, copy & recrop in PlotMaker.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the Interactive Schedule a two way street? Can I change the value in the table and have the door graphically resize?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Exactly! This is the 'Interactive' part. Anything that shows as a blue field in the preview can be changed on the model. Simply change the values and hit the 'Apply Changes' and the model will be updated. You'll also need to hit the Update button to update the placed schedule.

BTW - your doors will resize from it's insertion point, so keep this in mind when you place them. To speed up the design process, I often recommend placing standard doors and windows, then simply changing them in the interactive schedule as the design develops. It doesn't even matter if you are using the schedule in your documentation - it can simply be used as an extended 'find & select & edit' tool.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah.

I see that it is editable in the Dialog Box. I had been trying in the "placed" version of the schedule (it is quite inert!).

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
In a reverse to Mike's original question, I am having trouble in ArchiCAD 12 where the window schedule is creating a new column with headers when I don't need it to. Have we found a way around this yet?

Thanks
Erika Epstein
Booster
Can you post a screen shot of your settings? I had this happen recently, but can't remember now what I had accidentally checked. It was a simple fix.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika,
This may be part of the problem, but I'm not sure what settings are even available (besides column header selections) that I could even look for. Do you mean settings like font size and row height, etc.?
Erika Epstein
Booster
Something like the attached. Hope it will jog my memory or clarify to me or someone else here what the problem is.
sched-settings-screen-shot.jpg
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like it could be to do with the 'restructure table' feature which you can adjust with the pet pallette.

See http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=148189 and also http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=146577.
Learn and get certified!