Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SEO probleme

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi >> when I use SEO for stair or wall that don't appear in 2d plan any way to appear that in plan ( for wall or stair ) thank you
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is correct. SEO does not display in plan, a long-standing wish that it did.
Anonymous
Not applicable
no any solve for that problem
Anonymous
Not applicable
any think which I can use but not SEO appear in plan and 3d view ??????
Karl Ottenstein
No, there is no proper workaround for the long-standing problem of SEO not showing in plan.

You'll have to resort to 2D overlays, such as with the Patch Tool.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tortuous Work around
1.Construct the stair with seo'ed parts.
2. View object in 3d
3. Save as 3d object
4. insert this new object it will be correct in plan, elev, section & 3d
5.Patch if a little tiny part goes wrong or begin again
Anonymous
Not applicable
A slightly less tortuous workaround involving no SEOs could be to draw the correct shape of the stairs with a fill and separate lines or arcs defining the line of travel (note - not polylines!). Select them then go to 'Design' > 'Create stair using selection'.

Do a search for 'Custom Stair Based on Manually Drawn Elements' in the help files for full instructions.

Hope that helps!
custom_stair1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent tip!... I forgot about it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
A slightly less tortuous workaround involving no SEOs could be to draw the correct shape of the stairs with a fill and separate lines or arcs defining the line of travel (note - not polylines!). Select them then go to 'Design' > 'Create stair using selection'.

Do a search for 'Custom Stair Based on Manually Drawn Elements' in the help files for full instructions.

Hope that helps!
THAT is awesome.. never knew about technique
thanks