Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

OPENING ARCHICAD 7 .PLN FILE IN ARCHICAD 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi

Im badly stuck at moment i have a very old archicad .PLN file on my laptop which i badly need to open the file was created in archicad 7 which is also on my laptop but i do not have my protection key with me to use any version of the archicad as i am away from home i just downloaded a free trial version of archicad 12 but as expected it can not open files from archicad 7
Can anybody Help ........

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Archicad12 can only open files from 8.1 or later. Your file needs to be opened and saved in a later version, then it will open in 12. Sorry.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply my problem is i have no way to open at all as i'm in spain at moment not at home in dublin and did not bring my protection key I just need this drawing just my luck

thanks again for reply
andrewzarb
Booster
Try your luck with these:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/Fileconverter.html
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for that info it i was able to download the files i need so was big help at least i was able to open the file i needed and print it also.

best regards
Anonymous
Not applicable
E-mail the file to a trusted sourse that has an earlier version of ArchiCAD that can open the 7.0 file. Have them open it and save it as a later version where you can then open it. Good luck................