Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Updating drawings

Tom Krowka
Booster
If I update drawings through the drawing manager, will the layouts in Publisher be updated as well? I thought they were. Or do I have to update in both places?

Also, sometimes layers on the publisher layout sheets seem to turn on and off for no apparent reason. Mostly the layers are for elements on the layout, not views....like the title block or the cover sheet text.
Is there a view setting for layouts someplace? Have not seen it? Am familiar with the drafting aid settings for master layout items on the layout on or off but that's not the exact problem.

Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
You ned to be careful which layer you are putting information on on both layouts and masters. Typically any such information is kept on the archicad layer so it will always be 'on'.

I am curious what you are putting on the layouts? Occasionally I have placed a graduated blue fill behind colored elevations to balance the non-rendered colored elevation putting the fill on the archicad layer.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom wrote:
"will the layouts in Publisher be updated as well?"
They will if you use the Add Shortcut>>> button to
get layouts to Publisher.
If you drag them over, I don't think they auto update.
Tom Krowka
Booster
I have been dragging views over to the layouts to create the sheets of drawings. I usually put them on a "layout" layer.

I have also created a master that I use all the time. It has borders, title blocks, project info that are on layers that I created for the master. Never thought about putting them on the Archicad always on layer.

Maybe I've made it too complicated with too many layers.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Erika Epstein
Booster
It's not that you can't have elements on layers other than archicad. But you do need to make sure the elements are on layers that are visible for the drawings on the sheet.

Most times the archicad layer for elements on masters and layouts works as you want.

As a rule of thumb you shouldn't be adding/drawing elements to the layouts.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"