BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wisconsin demands BIM!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wisconsin becomes the first American State to request BIM based projects for state owned facilities.

http://www.doa.state.wi.us/dsf/masterspec_view_new.asp?catid=61&locid=4

I'm moving!

(ArchiCad lists as one of the recognized BIM software)
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have not read the Bill and don't intend to but I understand that a BIM is required for Commercial projects over $2.5 Mil. I have confidence in IFC and this is a great opportunity to implement it. After all, wasn't 2x2 developed to facilitate Singapore's code check?

Hey Steve, you must have been devastated with the results last November huh? Can you see Russia from your porch? Next time you talk to Sarah remind her that Africa is a Continent.
Gary wrote:
I have not read the Bill and don't intend to but I understand that a BIM is required for Commercial projects over $2.5 Mil. I have confidence in IFC and this is a great opportunity to implement it. After all, wasn't 2x2 developed to facilitate Singapore's code check?

Hey Steve, you must have been devastated with the results last November huh? Can you see Russia from your porch? Next time you talk to Sarah remind her that Africa is a Continent.
Don't even get me started Gary....devastated is such an understatement.

Yes of course I keep an eye on the Commies from here. With the scope on my modified Bushmaster. And I have a picture of Sarah gutting a moose as my screen saver.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Steve wrote:
And I have a picture of Sarah gutting a moose as my screen saver.
Would you mind sharing it with us?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Dwight
Newcomer
laszlonagy wrote:
Steve wrote:
And I have a picture of Sarah gutting a moose as my screen saver.
You shouldn't talk about Joe Biden that way.
Dwight Atkinson
Would you mind sharing it with us?

I should probably let you google that for your self.

Shot at 2009-07-21

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Somebody Photoshopped Palin's head into that picture. No one goes out in that weather with no hat and every hair in place. Nice idea but like Palin herself....a misrepresentation.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gary wrote:
Somebody Photoshopped Palin's head into that picture...
...and not very well from what I can see.
it was a joke !

Here, do yo like this one better?

Shot at 2009-07-28

The point is, she makes all you flam'n liberal city slickers look like sissies.

Odd Goderstad
Booster
Finaly, a member of the USA sees the light, and crawls out of the cave...
Millions of buildings have been constructed without a BIM. The necessary, useful, and required information to construct the building all came form 2d plans, most of which did not even have the BI extracted from a digital file. All the information needed has been taken from the plans and specs.
And that means that there is no need to find ways to improve

BIM technology and methods has been proven to save time, money, and result in better products.

BTW. when you are extracting scedules and lists from your ArchiCAD model, you are actualy using BIM methods! Good ArchiCAD users have been using BIM since before the term BIM was invented! But some of them need to lift their view from their own little turf, and have a look at the next lot...., and the horizon...

And Wisconsin do not need all that software to read the different filetypes. There is a free and open format for BIM files.... It is called IFC Every decent BIM SW can save and read it, and it is not controlled by a SW vendor.

Scuse my english....
🙂 Odd Goderstad
GS Norge
Oslo, Norway
Always the latest version ArchiCAD mostly on Windows
twitter: @OddGoderstad
Learn and get certified!