BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door Reveal Direction

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to place a door with a reveal that creates a hole bigger that the opening it self on the opposite side of the door opening(please see the attachment). but the reveal settings always placing that hole on the other side, I tried working with the settings with no luck. it works if click "flip" after placing the door. but actually I have this door repeated in the project so its not really practical to flip each one of them. is there a way to get what I am looking for directly? am I missing something ?

Thanks

Edit : First door is what I am getting , and last picture is what I want ( achieved after flipping )

worked a little bit with the flipping way its really not comfortable, because I have always to place the doors to the other side in order to get them right when I flip them ! so its not really a good way at all .
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I couldn't manage to find a solution yet, even copying attributes or favorites are not helping.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So with Fllipping you achieve what you aim for, if I understand correctly.
Can't you just select all such Doors with Find &Select and Flip all of them in one step?
If they are on several Stories, you can do the Find & Select in the 3D Window.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
So with Fllipping you achieve what you aim for, if I understand correctly.
Can't you just select all such Doors with Find &Select and Flip all of them in one step?
If they are on several Stories, you can do the Find & Select in the 3D Window.
Yes laszlo..flipping is working, but this means I have to always put the doors in a wrong way first (I have to remember always to place it opening to the other side) and then correct it , I mean its just not practical, so I was looking for any solution. copying attributes didn't even work !

Thank you for replying .
adzik
Newcomer
It's kind of the same what you are doing right now but if you set the door opening direction to flipped in the door settings dialog then later (after placing it in plan) you don't have to change it.

Although you still have to click on the wrong place when placing the actual door.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
adzik wrote:
It's kind of the same what you are doing right now but if you set the door opening direction to flipped in the door settings dialog then later (after placing it in plan) you don't have to change it.

Although you still have to click on the wrong place when placing the actual door.
Adzik, Thats right, still the annoying part is there , but at least its immediate, better than flipping them together.. sounds scary to me

Thank you.
adzik
Newcomer
I don't know why didn't think of this earlier, but if you choose the "Historic Reveal" under type, then you can edit it to suit your needs and the door will be placed correctly straight away.

See attached image.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perfect ... just Perfect !

Thank you again
Learn and get certified!