Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

A tool that let's you easily compare revised drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
A tool that would be VERY helpful for contractors and subcontractors is one that allows the architect to save the drawings in various states of completion (design development, bid, construction,delta 1,as-built, etc.) and then allows for a quick and easy comparison between these various stages. Perhaps a tool that has a different color for the old and new drawings so that when overlaid, it is easy to see what has been removed and what has been added; this is similar to the comparison tool that the Etakeoff program has (I am in no way affiliated with this company - I work for a general contractor).
10 REPLIES 10
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
I use a program called Bluebeam PDF Revu which is a PDF option (sans 3D) to Adobe Acrobat. I find it's markup tools far superior to Acrobat and it has a compare document capability as well. It will do batch documents and automatically cloud any differences it sees. I haven't tried this function yet but here is the link to the online manual if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.bluebeam.com/web07/us/support/help/revu70/

Look in the How To folder and then look for Compare Documents.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor