Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Autotext and selective SCALE

_Salmon
Contributor
hi,

we should be able to disable the scale influence of some views in AUTOTEXTS.
Since AC6

Win10pro / Intel Xeon E5-1650v4 / 128Gb DDR4 2400 MHz ECC REG / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / SSD Toshiba 512GB M.2
11 REPLIES 11
Erika Epstein
Booster
Why?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Gandarillas,

Please don't start new wishes until you know that there is not a solution to your question. As a new user, there are many things yet to be learned about scales of drawings, vs master, etc.

Please continue the discussion in your original thread:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=28972

and come back here if and when you discover that ArchiCAD cannot do what you want. Give it a week to give people time to respond to you there.

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
_Salmon
Contributor
i will do so.

sorry because i've bee too impatient with my hasty suggestion.

thanks
Since AC6

Win10pro / Intel Xeon E5-1650v4 / 128Gb DDR4 2400 MHz ECC REG / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / SSD Toshiba 512GB M.2
Karl wrote:
Hi Gandarillas,

Please don't start new wishes until you know that there is not a solution to your question. As a new user, there are many things yet to be learned about scales of drawings, vs master, etc.

Please continue the discussion in your original thread:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=28972

and come back here if and when you discover that ArchiCAD cannot do what you want. Give it a week to give people time to respond to you there.

Thanks,
Karl
It is not the proper solution!...The proper thing would be exclude the unwanted drawings from being put to the scale autotext.
Or filtering out unwanted scales ie: schedules (1:1) or scaled images loaded as drwaings (ie 1:1,23543)

The point is not to link one drawing scale to the master layout - becuse it is wrong and may be done by adding another master (which must be done anyway - or "polluting" the layout with the master content) and having the scale set to fixed value, but rather to exclude unwanted.

A little check mark option in drawing settings: "Do not put the scale autotext" would be much faster solution and a "cleaner" one!!!!!!

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Piotr wrote:

A little check mark option in drawing settings: "Do not put the scale autotext" would be much faster solution and a "cleaner" one!!!!!!

Best Regards,
Piotr
I've been wanting that for a long time, Piotr. Exactly that solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Piotr wrote:
.....A little check mark option in drawing settings: "Do not put the scale autotext" would be much faster solution and a "cleaner" one!!!!!!
Excellent solution. I vote Essential!!
Erika Epstein
Booster
Piotr wrote:

Best Regards,
Piotr
Or when you check that a drawing is not to be included in the numbering sequence then it would also remove these drawings from autotext layout data.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Piotr wrote:

Best Regards,
Piotr
Or when you check that a drawing is not to be included in the numbering sequence then it would also remove these drawings from autotext layout data.
That would work in some instances, but an additional check box would be more versatile.
Erika Epstein
Booster
s2art wrote:

That would work in some instances, but an additional check box would be more versatile.
I agree. I was thinking it might be an easier to implement and would take care of all but a few instances.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System