Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Scale to Autotext

_Salmon
Contributor
i'm trying to desactivate the influence of a view in AUTOTEXT: Scale

any idea?

Since AC6

Win10pro / Intel Xeon E5-1650v4 / 128Gb DDR4 2400 MHz ECC REG / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / SSD Toshiba 512GB M.2
26 REPLIES 26
Erika Epstein
Booster
Fuzzy,
Yes I forgot to mention the 'set as autotext reference'. Good catch. thanks
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
_Salmon
Contributor
i'm using this solution and i think it don't solve the problem.

Using it, we can asign a particular scale to ONE MASTER overwriting the autoscale function to other sheets. So, if we use the master to different sheets (different drawing scales) the autoscale of the drawings place on it dont work.

that it's to say, we have write the scale manually..

so we need to do masters to plans, elevations, sections..

that's right?
Since AC6

Win10pro / Intel Xeon E5-1650v4 / 128Gb DDR4 2400 MHz ECC REG / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / SSD Toshiba 512GB M.2
Erika Epstein
Booster
Each time you want to change which drawing is the autotext reference you need to select this drawing, right click and then choose the 'set as autotext reference.

e.g. if you have two drawings on a sheet one at 1/4" scale and one at 1/2", assign the first one as the autotext reference, write its scale using autotext.
Select the second drawing, assign it to be the autotext reference and then using autotext write its scale.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

_Salmon
Contributor
ok Erica,

we write the Autotext Scale in the Layout not in the Master.
Therefore the autotext work selectively in this particular layout.

now i've understood the idea.

that's works fine. Fixed!

thanks again
Since AC6

Erika Epstein
Booster
Great! Welcome to the forum.

Is gandarillass your first name?
Now could you add to your signature your graphisoft version and OS. Sometimes this makes a difference to what the answer is
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

_Salmon
Contributor
thanks Erika,

my name is Alberto Salmón Gandarillas.

I'm trying to change my nich 'gandarillass' but i can't. do you know how to do it?
Since AC6

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
gandarillass wrote:
thanks Erika,

my name is Alberto Salmón Gandarillas.

I'm trying to change my nich 'gandarillass' but i can't. do you know how to do it?
Only I have access to the Forum functions where this is possible.
So, do you want me to change your user name from

gandarillass

to

gandarillas? With one s at the end?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
_Salmon
Contributor
Hi Laszlo,

i normally use 'al' as nick. is it possible to use it?
if not i would like to use 'salmon'.

'gandarillass' is a name i used long time along..

Best regards,
Since AC6

_Salmon
Contributor
Hi Laszlo,

i'm thinking i prefer 'Salmon'

thanks
Since AC6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Each time you want to change which drawing is the autotext reference you need to select this drawing, right click and then choose the 'set as autotext reference.

e.g. if you have two drawings on a sheet one at 1/4" scale and one at 1/2", assign the first one as the autotext reference, write its scale using autotext.
Select the second drawing, assign it to be the autotext reference and then using autotext write its scale.
Erika

While I appreciate your method works it doesn't seem any better than manually writing in the scale yourself on each layout. (It actually takes longer going thru' the process). I want an autotext field I can add to my Master sheet, with the ability to "disregard" a particular view on a layout if identified as such. Most commonly this would be when we place notes from views that are at a different scale to the plan they are associated to. Notes could be at 1:1 scale while the plan is at 1:50 or 1:100, but the autotext field displays the 1:1 scale too. Not a good look.

I believe this is what this thread, and _Salmon's wish, are about, and something I wished for (or at least queried) a few years ago HERE