Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Disappearing parts of ArchiCAD interface.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello guys,
I have this problem.
At random times my drag and measure line disappear. I am talking about the ones that appear when you try to move an object and that are connecting the "before" and "after" position of this object. Also the "after" position doesn't show up too.
To better illustrate my problem I have included screenshots.

Drag:
1. Normal Drag
2. Buggy Drag

Measure Line:
1. Normal Measure
2. Buggy Measure

If anyone has an idea about this whole thing I will be very grateful.
All info on this topic will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

My PC:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 Ghz
RAM: 2 GB DDR II 800 Mhz
GPU: GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB
Arhicad 12 2675 Educational
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
let me guess...also some times you are missing the preview window of objects, doors and windows ?

if so ..then update your display driver
Anonymous
Not applicable
whatever wrote:
let me guess...also some times you are missing the preview window of objects, doors and windows ?

if so ..then update your display driver
No, this is not the case. I am not missing those.

My display driver is up-to date 190.38 WHQL certified.

Comment appreciated.
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi
Yes, it could happen sometimes, the best thing i've found, restart archicad...however i would be more thant intrested to have an answer..too
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
TMA_80 wrote:
Hi
Yes, it could happen sometimes, the best thing i've found, restart archicad...however i would be more thant intrested to have an answer..too

This is also my solution

I think Graphisoft should fix this.

At least it's good to know that I am not alone.

Thanks for the comment.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have seen this happen as well, but only very sporadically. I haven't been able to see any pattern to it. It seems to happen more often in Windows than Mac but that is only in my limited experience. It has also been quite a while since I have experienced it. I assumed it had been fixed.

It appears to be a very difficult issue to track down. If you know any steps to reproduce the problem that might help GS sort it out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
I have seen this happen as well, but only very sporadically. I haven't been able to see any pattern to it. It seems to happen more often in Windows than Mac but that is only in my limited experience. It has also been quite a while since I have experienced it. I assumed it had been fixed.

It appears to be a very difficult issue to track down. If you know any steps to reproduce the problem that might help GS sort it out.
You are absolutely right. I have also tried to reproduce it but to no avail.

Well I noticed that it seems to appear mostly when working with Elevations or Sections, but it has happened to me in Plan view as well.

I think it has some connection with the GPU, or it's drivers, because disabling 2D hardware acceleration from the Advanced Redraw tab seems to do the work. But who wants to disable the GPU anyways.

Thanks for the tip.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to report problems too. Not sure if it's the hardware but rather the driver. I updated my Nvidia 8600GT card to the latest 190.38 WHQL driver and some problem arised. Specifically, when working on Archicad 12 and then opening Google Earth (working in Direct X mode). Before happened too, but I couldn't link it to a specific software as I work along other graphiccard-demanding apps, like Bumptop and SETI@Home with CUDA.

If I drag the Hardware Acceleration slider one tick left from Full, then zooming jerks the working plan entirely. One more tick to the left and zooming is allowed but still oddities happens. Then total disabled and of course it works great. Funny enough, when at full sometimes something odd happens, like some jerking when drawing a line and then back to normal after it's drawn. Yet when I set the 2D AA, it works flawlessly... I don't understand the pattern.

I've reboot, closed Archicad and opened again yet always something happens. Something different. But I'm sure it all started with the 190.38. Worth noting though that I recntly upgraded to the build 2675, before I was using archicad out of the box.

Imgs taken with all other graphic apps off.
2D AA full good 1
2D basic wrong 1[zooming out]

2D medium wrong 2[drawing a line, everything dissapears]
2D full wrong 2[drawing a line... darn, everything dissapears, the line gets half cutted and some corrupted textures appears]
2D full and medium - line done

Specs:
My PC:
CPU: AMD Athlon x2 5600
RAM: 3 GB DDR II 800 Mhz
GPU: GeForce 8600 GT 256 MB
DRIVER: 190.38 WHQL
APP: Archicad 12 2675 Educational[/img]