Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Scale to Autotext

_Salmon
Contributor
i'm trying to desactivate the influence of a view in AUTOTEXT: Scale

any idea?

Since AC6

Win10pro / Intel Xeon E5-1650v4 / 128Gb DDR4 2400 MHz ECC REG / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / SSD Toshiba 512GB M.2
26 REPLIES 26
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
gandarillass wrote:
Hi Laszlo,

i'm thinking i prefer 'Salmon'

thanks
Unfortunately, "salmon" is already taken.
It is written with lowercase but in case of user names uppercase/lowercase does not matter.
You need to choose something else.

Sorry guys for hijacking this thread, I am just trying to be a very helpful moderator here.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
_Salmon
Contributor
And,

'_Salmon ' ?
Since AC6

Win10pro / Intel Xeon E5-1650v4 / 128Gb DDR4 2400 MHz ECC REG / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / SSD Toshiba 512GB M.2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
_Salmon wrote:
And,

'_Salmon ' ?
Here you go.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
_Salmon
Contributor
Since AC6

Erika Epstein
Booster
Stuart,
Perhaps I misunderstood what you and possibly also Alberto want. Reading your older wish it seems you want to place on a MASTER Autotext information that is drawing specific. This defeats the purpose of a MASTER.
The problem with putting this information on a MASTER is that this master is then specific to the DRAWING whose scale you want to display using Autotext.

However, You can achieve what you want on the layout.

If you set up your template with linked views, you can place on the layout
Autotext that is referenced to this [typical] VIEW. To use your example on a sheet of sections, the autotext references only one of the section drawings as they are typically all drawn to the same scale on a layout sheet. If you have drawings of more than one scale that you want to note then you can have several different autotext scale references, just put autotext for drawing 1 scale, comma, autotext for drawing scale 2 etc.

Personally the old way of listing scales of all drawings on a sheet never made sense to me as his invites confusion. I prefer when there are drawings of different scales on the same sheet to put the scale in each drawing's name/title.

If I am still misunderstanding what you want, then please post a screenshot for this poor pathetic person.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, you have it exactly right, Erika. I just can't see the point in using Auto text in your case instead of just writing the scale manually, if you're going to place it on each layout. Auto text doesn't seem to make it any more "automatic".

By placing the auto text field on the Master, which then reads the scale of each drawing (view) placed on a layout, the scale field is automatically updated according to whatever is placed on the layout. Most of the time this is perfectly acceptable, but in some instances it would be desirable to disregard a particular drawing. Yes, we do have scales shown in our (drawing view) titles too, which skins the same cat twice.

Maybe another option would be that if there are multiple scales used the autotext would overwrite with "Varies" or "As Shown". A check box in the Layout settings could solve this.
Erika Epstein
Booster
I like to have the scale autoshow. Setting up your to use the autotext for these kinds of situations makes for fewer repeat types of items needing to be done for each project.

Using the scale from a title can also be quick. Sometimes though you have to drag it back into place.

The 'Varies' option should be another wish. Similarly we want 'Varies' for RCP when there is a sloped ceiling.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"