Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

custom wall profiles

Anonymous
Not applicable
when using custom wall profiles my calculation of wall surface seem to go stupid. I have 128 lin ft of 10' tall walls which is 1280 sq ft of surface for siding, however when i used a custom wall profile w/ base and sheetrock on the inside and the exterior have 7/16" wafer sheathing and siding dropped below the insertion point by 2 1/4" to lap down to my foundation my wall area using the exact same schedule cal over 6000 sq ft of wall surface. So my question is does using custom walls with the wall profile tool screw up all the calculations. In the scheme settings i have the surface for the wall on the reference line side selected on both calculations. any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
Are you using a components schedule to get the quantities for your CP wall, Gary, or just ordinary wall surface information?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
THIS is what i am doing built in schedules, then selecting the scheme setup that i have for exterior walls based on ext2x4, ext26, for id, on the approiate
layer. and then i have total wall surface on the reference side.
it calculates the wall length ok but the surface is not corrrect by a lot.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Gary wrote:
but the surface is not corrrect by a lot.
By any chance is this 'a lot' a metric conversion factor?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
karl i am not using components. just schedules. not doing in depth parts just the surface of the wall for siding it was real easy before i started using complex walls.

no it is not a metric thing, if i have a 40'x 10' wall it may cal it @ 1582 sq ft of surface on the reference line side of the wall, fairly easy to see that is not correct.

I really don't' know what it is calculating.
It would nice if you could identify the surface you wanted to put in the schedule, ie core surface, waincote surface subsiding surface and so on

I have a feeling that it is calculating the surface of every i have on the wall and all edges and the back side of each of the surfaces. (i have 7/16" wafer sheathing, 7/16" siding, and core of the frame wall 2x6 or 2x4.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Could you post some screenshots of your CP wall and anything else that might help?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
AS you can see in the image i have the length of the wall and also included the height and the information I am trying to extract is the surface on the reference side of the wall when you mulitply the length of any walls by the height it does not match the surface calculated by the schedule.

schedule.jpg