Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

What are new tools for ARCHICAD 13?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello 🙂
I was wondering if we maybe know what new tools we can expect with the new version of Archicad?
I finaly hope for 3D composite structure layers to be visible, also their 2D representation to be automaticly adjusted to the layer thickness (eg. thermal insulation).
Slab layers and their intersection with wall layers...
Also maybe while defining wall composite layers we can also define each layer height.
Better and more detailed quantity take-off is a must.
221 REPLIES 221
Dennis Lee
Booster
Maybe I missed it but a couple questions I have are that do you have to have a server computer to run the TW2? Does the server have to be the fastest computer now?

Considering that the #1 expense of all architectural offices are payroll, increasing productivity with TW2 sounds to be a very worthwhile upgrade, and one that can be a major foundation for them to build their future on.

Having said that, there's got to be some other goodies for the solo practitioner too, right? Starting to be a bit excited about the new version now...Visual GDL ? Beter OpenGL ? Full Lightworks ? At least a better LEADER tool?...give me something!
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why leave this important first news of the major new feature in AC13 to a third party to announce? It is so full of waffle and business speak, it is virtually incomprehensible to the average reader. (Favourite word of the day - simultaneity! eh?)

I've never used it myself, but can it not be summed up as - 'TW2 is a system where only the changes are sent over the network rather than the whole model, making the process substantially faster than it is at the moment. An instant message-like service is integrated to help team members organise element reservation and easily markup and discuss project based issues in real-time.' That didn't take 12 pages, did it!!

I am planning to investigate teamwork further in the future, so I am definitely keeping my eye on this. From what I understand so far, it looks a big improvement, but it seems it will have more benefit for larger firms rather than small practices. It would be useful to see some screenshots and videos of the process before release to help us understand it better.
Chazz
Enthusiast
I think this TW2 thing deserves a thread all its own and one has been started over here.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
Why leave this important first news of the major new feature in AC13 to a third party to announce? It is so full of waffle and business speak, it is virtually incomprehensible to the average reader. (Favourite word of the day - simultaneity! eh?)

I've never used it myself, but can it not be summed up as - 'TW2 is a system where only the changes are sent over the network rather than the whole model, making the process substantially faster than it is at the moment. An instant message-like service is integrated to help team members organise element reservation and easily markup and discuss project based issues in real-time.' That didn't take 12 pages, did it!! ....
Getting a professional third party to do a report is just one of many PR strategies. I am sure that lots more will follow soon. Having said that your paragraph above is a million times better. I hope graphisoft read it too. Call them for advance royalties now!
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice to know of other forthcoming features. The automotive industry has new model promotion down to an art. GS could learn a thing or two from them...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Reading about TW2 was really interesting. I am sure big fish will benefit from it tons. (actually have you seen the new google product, wave? well it reminded me of that )

Unfortunatelly , and since each release brings 1-2 major stuff, i think for all us smaller fishes, there is nothing major comming

(i hope i am wrong ofcourse)
Anonymous
Not applicable
If the "big fish benefit tons" more big fish will consider using ArchiCAD. This puts money into GS marketing and development coffers, boosting a virtuous circle of development and expansion. We might even see more manufacturers building GDL objects of their products.

Indirectly the small fry are likely to benefit.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well the thought is correct, although when this happens, i would be dead.
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
Among other things, I've heard that the issue of having to load all older libraries containing objects used in a project that has evolved through one or more ArchiCAD version updates has been fixed.

From what I understand, objects used in a PLN will be saved with the PLN similar to a PLA, which should make upgrading from one version to another much easier with regards to the library, since you will no longer need to load multiple versions of the archicad library.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
Rakela Raul
Participant
Among other things, I've heard that the issue of having to load all older libraries containing objects used in a project that has evolved through one or more ArchiCAD version updates has been fixed.

From what I understand, objects used in a PLN will be saved with the PLN similar to a PLA, which should make upgrading from one version to another much easier with regards to the library, since you will no longer need to load multiple versions of the archicad library.
i wasnt planning on upgrading....we were going to shelf the new boxes.....but this might indeed change my mind...if you are correct
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16