Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Creating Furniture Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created a furniture schedule (contains info on furniture type, quantity, cost per piece and total cost per furniture type). The only problem I'm having is that the total cost per furniture type is totaled below the cost per piece. I would like to create a separate column for the total per type. If anyone knows how to do that, I would greatly appreciate the help.
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
This has been discussed. If you go to the help menu when AC is open
Help>Archicad Help>Sort Schedule Fields you will learn how to summarize as you describe.

Please add you version of AC and your platform to your profile.

"Click the second button to add a schedule cell which displays the sum of the items in the selected field. Here, we will have the schedule add a sum to the schedule’s Volume column.

The second button contains an icon for a second option: to list a quantity for this field. Here, we will have the schedule add a Quantity to the schedule’s Wall Type column.
The result: Wall Type shows a Quantity at the bottom of the column (a total of 8 walls), and the Volume column shows a total sum of all the volumes at the bottom (65.19 m3)...."
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Erika Epstein" wrote:
"Click the second button to add a schedule cell which displays the sum of the items in the selected field. Here, we will have the schedule add a sum to the schedule’s Volume column.

The second button contains an icon for a second option: to list a quantity for this field. Here, we will have the schedule add a Quantity to the schedule’s Wall Type column.
The result: Wall Type shows a Quantity at the bottom of the column (a total of 8 walls), and the Volume column shows a total sum of all the volumes at the bottom (65.19 m3)...."

I have read about the second button and tried it. As you have said, and the help topic describes, the sum goes into a cell below. I would like it to go to the right so you can read across. The idea is to be able to bring this into excel and clean up the schedule without having to jump through that addition hoop. No one I have spoken to on the phone seems to know how to do this either. AC Schedules seem inclined to build schedules vertically and not horizontally as they would be read in a real world setting. adding down gets confusing.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Siobhan,
I see what you are after now. No, I don't know how to achieve this in archicad; someone else here might.
As you are exporting the schedule to excel which can have a template to perform the math in the next column horizontally, you could omit this finally summary column in the archicad schedule.

If you want to see this info when in archicad you could have two versions of the schedule in the file.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"