Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how can i create sphere curtain wall or wall ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am trying to use the curtain wall tool to create sphere form building, for example, the national grand theatre beijing.

however, i can't use any method to create this building shape in ArchiCAD.

i realized that AC can't slant a polylined curtain wall.

so do you have any alternative to do so?

National-Grand-Theater-Beijing.jpg
24 REPLIES 24
Dwight
Newcomer
Only if punks looked like chess pieces.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Step 1: PLAN: Make a faceted circle. Inside a circle, use the magic wand set to make lines of a specific segment length to get your window pane width.
Step 2: Complex Profile of glass and muntins: make the profile from base edge to peak edge
Step 3: Complex profile of mullion. Using the glass complex profile as a guide [duplicate it], make the vertical segment.
Step 4: Magic Wand a complex profile wall to the faceted circle
Step 5: Place an array of short wall extrusions of the complex profile mullion radiating from the dome peak.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
First year students should invest the playtime necessary to figure out the complex profile. Perhaps this article can help you:

Archiwikidoodle

See if this diagram helps for the opera house.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
I suggest that you search in your Archicad reference guide for the basics.

It is found in the Help menu.

But, like most tools, you need another level of thinking to actually solve problems using this tool.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Books about Archicad are generally outdated but you can't go wrong by studying the Archicad Training Guide [also under the HELP Menu] and then, according to Malcolm Gladwell [in his book "Outliers" about the basis for excellence and success], practice for 10,000 hours.
Dwight Atkinson