BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Having trouble seeing mesh in 3d window?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am going through that advanced modeling tutorial - and this problem pops up every time when i try to elevate mesh points. I do every thing correctly in 2d window, but when i go to 3d, my mesh is completely invisible. The only thing I can do is select its contours, but i can't see it. What's more i can make sections, render... but 3d window is useless when it comes to modifying mesh. I've check some of the settings and it seems ok - no filter elements in 3d checked

thanks for help
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
all layers are turned on
I've tried creating more meshes - and i can see them in 3d window but as soon as i try to define it using contours (from DWG file) it disappears

-any kind of suggestion? thanx
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Bojan,

Some screenshots of what you are seeing would really help us in this situation. Also check you haven't set the layer the mesh is on to wireframe by accident.

It is also worth putting your ArchiCAD version and computer specs in your signature, as some problems are version specific.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, wireframe mode is showing mesh - It didn't even occur to me to try it. When i switch to shaded mode, mesh becomes invisible. I was trying to fix the problem going through bunch of settings.
It is workable now - thanks

Here's the screenshot - Shaded mode, with selected mesh -
No point dwelling on shady matters -
thanks again

I'm using the same archicad 12 as before, same computer, when everything worked as supposed to
untitled.JPG
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Did you use any SEO (Solid Element Operation) on that mesh?
When you got a wire frame model on something where you used a SEO it means ArchiCAD doesn't like the SEO (maybe there are some self-intersection or something else).

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought about also - but...
this screenshot was taken right after i opened the file that i got with archicad tutorial. Therefore 0 involvement of me in making it.
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Just a silly thing:
are you sure the host layer is not set to be displayed as wire-frame?
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Anonymous
Not applicable
how silly it can actually get - next screenshot - 2 meshes, one screen
mesh becomes invisible as soon as I try do define the contours
i'll work in wireframe - it just a glitch or something - and I've checked previously forums, google... and no one had this kind of issue
1.JPG
Erika Epstein
Booster
I've seen this and Fabrizio is correct. Undo all SEO operations on the problem mesh and start over.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Undo all SEO operations on the problem mesh and start over.
but i haven't done any - this is what i get, when i start the file from archicad advanced modeling folder
Learn and get certified!