Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Copy & Paste

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone having copy/paste slowdowns with the latest hotfix 2675? for some reason it takes over 5 minutes to copy and paste from one layout to another in one of our files and in general it takes Archicad about 5-10 seconds to perform the copy (Ctrl + C). The larger the file the longer the wait.

Any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
We had two cases recently where the large number of pen sets (in the region of hundreds) caused the slowness.

Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
Greg,

We cleaned out the pen sets in our project and the file works fine now.

Thanks
owen
Newcomer
gkmethy wrote:
We had two cases recently where the large number of pen sets (in the region of hundreds) caused the slowness.

Greg
But how do you end up with HUNDREDS of Pen Sets in one file??!!

Surely not by intention? ArchiCAD used to have a bit of a Pen Set proliferation problem but thought that had been solved
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
good question...haven't gotten an answer to that one...Magic I guess.
owen
Newcomer
or maybe it hasn't been solved as i thought : (
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
owen wrote:
gkmethy wrote:

Greg
But how do you end up with HUNDREDS of Pen Sets in one file??!!

Surely not by intention? ArchiCAD used to have a bit of a Pen Set proliferation problem but thought that had been solved
Attribute pollution can be a problem if you do much linking and merging. It actually takes a bit of care in setting and enforcing standards to keep this to a minimum.
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
There used to be a problem in ArchiCAD 11 that copy/pasting elements (like a wall) between files carried over all the pen sets from the source file. This was fixed in AC 11 and 12, but may be still a problem if you copy elements from ArchiCAD 10. I believe the many pensets may have been inherited from that era.

Greg
Gergely Kmethy
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are there any plans to correct this?
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
This needs a fix in AC 10, and we are not planning another Hotfix for AC 10. Copying AC11 to AC12 or from AC 12 to AC 12 is OK, so you should not be troubled by this error anymore.

Greg
Gergely Kmethy