BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Missing Library Parts

cgrimley
Contributor
We have a company library, and we have a keynote label object that we use. I signed in to my teamwork project to find that some of these objects are missing, meaning, I get the big dot that indicates missing object. This only occurs on some of them. There are no missing objects in the library loading report and I have reloaded the library a number of times.

This is really bad because we have a huge deadline to meet this Friday.
Please help
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
no one in the office has been working on it with a local library or custom keynotes that are on there own PC and not a server?
cgrimley
Contributor
No, everyone is using the same library. I thought it might be a single user using a different library, but it occurs to keynotes that I placed months ago, which have been fine until now. That's what is so baffling, there is no rhyme or reason to this, that I can see right now.
I'm also the CAD manager, and I've updated our library a few times over the past few months, so I thought maybe it was something with the new .lcf, so I loaded that and the same keynotes were still missing.
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
it would be a problem with guid of the library part, you have to be extremely careful when amending & saving library parts in AC12 if you do a "save as" the part is given an entirely different guid which wont be recognized by previously saved object my experience is that the library loading report often doesn't pick it up as a missing object
cgrimley
Contributor
I don't see how it could be the label object or the GUID, only some of the keynotes are missing. There are instances where I have 2 of the same keynote right next to each other and one is the dot and the other is fine. See image attached below.

I'm thinking its a teamwork bug of some sort, it's happened with one of our objects also.
Casey Grimley
AC24
cgrimley
Contributor
cgrimley wrote:
I don't see how it could be the label object or the GUID, only some of the keynotes are missing.
I meant to also add that I have not opened let alone resaved the object. And I have learned from experience that doing a save as gives the object a new GUID, so thank you.
Casey Grimley
AC24
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could it be that some parameter of those keynote object instances got corrupted somehow and this is why they do not appear?
I mean, when their is some error in the 2D Script of an object, GDL cannot interpret it and no 2D symbol will be generated. In that case it can look like as if it not loaded at all because only the big dot appears.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
cgrimley
Contributor
I guess it could be, There is no way to find out though. If I select the label and try to open the settings, nothing happens, it's weird. Also most of the ones that show the dot were dragged copies.

I've replaced the missing instances earlier this week. So far, they've all decided to stay, so that's good.

Thanks for the help
Casey Grimley
AC24
Barry Kelly
It seems I have on occations had the same problem as you.
Object do not report as missing but still show up in the model as red dots.

See the attached image.
Some of the elevation height objects show and other instances of exactly the same object don't (in the same elevation).
Other objects show fine in some views and not other views.

When I select one of the dots it says it is an object but it has no name and hence no parameters.

I am assuming it has something to do with these plans (has happened in more than one) being created in older versions of Archicad and then opened in 12.
But if is a problem with the object then I would assume that none of them would display.

And as you have noted placing a new instance of the object seems to work fine.

I have sent an archived file off to GS Australia but have not heard back about it yet.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!