Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Reverse direction of Composite Fill?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got a basic composite (element attribute) that I'm using for a floor - 2x8 studs w/ plywood decking. I'd like to use the same composite as a ceiling - but can't seem to find a way to allow for the composite's directionality to be reversed.

Is there a simple way for the composite's order to be reversed rather than having to an exact copy of the composite and reversing the order of the materials?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I understand your question correctly, then the answer is no, there is not a quick way to reverse the fills of a composite. But for walls, it really doesn't matter which side is "up" or "down", so I always make my composites oriented so they can work as slabs/roofs.
Anonymous
Not applicable
dang. thanks.
again - this fill isn't for a wall, but for a floor/ceiling in a relatively unfinished (interior) single story building. i have a floor of 2x10s plus plywood decking. i wanted to use the same fill and reverse its direction to be used as a ceiling (plywood decking instead of, say, gyp). incredible that something that simple isn't an option.

on a side rant, it's incredible that i need to use the roof tool to create a sloping slab (for a driveway). i don't really understand the benefit to having a specific tool for slab, or roof, or wall. it's really all the same, just defined by directionality and 'fill'. archicad would have a much friendlier interface and would be a much more useful product if a simple mindshift like that took place at graphisoft.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your right, the names are somewhat misleading, but I guess you have to give each tool some name, just don't let that limit you thinking as to what the tool can do. I use mostly use the roof tool for things other than roofs, same with the slab tool. I guess I use the wall tool primarily for walls, but there are so many others uses.... especially with complex profiles