BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

September 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Scuttle butt has it that there will be an announcement from Graphisoft on September 1st.
But what Kind of announcement is anybodies guess.
39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice graph Steve.
That's what I was trying to say in words.

Bret wrote;"your graph will change if the next release is less than 12 months."
That may be true, but I'll venture a bid of about zero chance of that.

If this new version is a jump into "light speed" won't we all be ecstatic!!!!!!!!!
And all this grumbling will be for naught.
I have my polylines crossed.
And the clock is now ticking.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Surely, there is a big change in September, I heard.
Cheers,
owen
Newcomer
Steve ... you make it sound like you are forced to pay the monthly subscription. Is just buying each AC version upon release not an option in the US? I guess this policy might vary worldwide .. AFAIK you don't need to have a subscription in Aust - and there is very little incentive to do so really, not much value-add IMO and as i outlined before, you basically lose any discount on the full purchase (sorry .. license) price once the release date slips past your subscription.

But i get what you are saying. Say you already own/license AC12 and you sign up for a subscription (12 month contract). AC is released after 13 months. You don't get it unless you then buy it full price again or sign up for another 12 month subscription. So unless you have received something really outstanding other than your AC license from your reseller you basically have handed over 12 months of monthly fees for nothing.

i can understand why people would get a little upset. so if you aren't compelled to go on subsciption, why continue?
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
My concern about the release schedule is because I have already been conned into the subscription plan. And for the next 3 years too!

There is a potential savings for me in doing this. However, that potential savings could evaporate if the new release schedule does not match the term of my subscriptions.

I think my concerns about the new release schedule are valid because we are already going to be 14 months between new releases. And it is not unreasonable to expect that it will be 15 months. The graph I made is based on a 15 month new release schedule. Hopefully this will not happen.

They could announce the new release today and we could have it in September. ?

Perhaps the most unfortunate thing about the annual subscription plan is that it can pressure them to get the new release out before it is ready in order to make sure the scenario I have shown in the graph is not ever going to happen.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
...5,4..?
Anonymous
Not applicable
..3,2..?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unless it's my Internet Browser (IE8), but these something going on with The GS web site, possible getting it ready for the launch of AC13.

But like I said it could be just a matter of my web browser as some of the links have been taken down off the GS web site in the last day or two, eg the link to the forum, ArchiCAD Goodies page, and the ling to the cinema 4d plug-in.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't know what were going to hear, but we're going to hear something in.....2,1
Get the champagne bottles chilled.
lec
Dennis Lee
Booster
In Asia.

13 1/2 hours to go here, less than 11 to go in NY.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Learn and get certified!