Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Translucency of Materials

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am using AC12 on a Mac, and I'm currently looking at whether it is possible to apply translucency to a wall material. For instance a thin slate of marble will allow filtered light to pass through. In my design I'm looking for filtered light in my building, not views to the outside....

Is it possible to create such an effect? I've watched the tutorial on translucency in Fills, but first, I'm not able to recreate this effect, and second I'm wondering if this is what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Peter de Ruijter
The Netherlands
2 REPLIES 2
Erika Epstein
Booster
Yes. Create a new material. You could start by copying the existing marble material. Open the material settings box
Options>Element Attributes>Materials
Duplicate the one closest to what you want such as the marble material

On the Exposure to Light tab Adjust the two Transparency sliders to get the effect you want. The preview window in the upper left corner will show real-time changes as you move the slider settings.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erika,

sorry for the late reply. I just tried what you are suggesting and it works perfectly. Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Peter -