Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC 12 and beyond Stock library parts.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to get AC to output stock library folders and nested subfolders with images to Excel or other format?

It seems that by the time I try and memorize the Hungarian 'hide and seek'
version of things, they will change them again.
Besides their building products "logic" is just killing me.
In a print out, I think I could handle it a lot easier.
At least I could put index tags on printed sheets.
Could this be done through the Database functions, and roughly how?

Never seen anything here on the forum regarding being able to do this, but thought I'd ask anyway.
9 REPLIES 9
Erika Epstein
Booster
Does it have to be excel?
In any version of archicad there is a pdf of the library. Go to the help menu when AC is open (or look in the documentation folder where it is installed) and you will find a pdf called Archicad Library Guide.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks,
Totally forgot about that.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now that I've played with the pdf a bit, (real nice functionality I must say)
if you like the screen version. But I prefer a print version, so..

A couple of odd things I noticed.
1. After enlarging the full page view of the pdf, the small version of pages that show up on the right, (next to scroll bar)(a nice feature), could be a bit bigger, (50%).
Also would be nice to take into Excel because when using the option to say,
print two library pages to one 8.5x11 size sheet, the images are ok, and SOME of the indexing numbers are ok , however others are two small to read easily. Type setting was done with irregular sizes for some silly reason.
This I would assume I could fix (along with maybe other things) in Excel.
So. does anyone know of a way to import into Excel?
Anonymous
Not applicable
as it's already a PDF, it get a bit difficult to break it up again.
Unless you cut it up into images, but would be very time consuming 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for responding sdb.
Looks like I mishandled my words a bit.
What I meant was a way to get it out of AC's database into Excel for organizing a paper version and correcting sm vs large font used for indexing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i see,
it might be best to just request it from your ArchiCAD reseller?
Karl Ottenstein
You might try the following, although the PDF seems good enough to me. (The thumbnails you are talking about are not Graphisoft's, but part of Acrobat or whatever reader you are using.)

If you do not have the "Query" command (SQL query) in your Calculate submenu, add it via the Work Environment.

In the query window, enter:
select name, location, preview_jpeg from libraryparts

and click Execute. The result will appear in your browser. There will be a number of entries with no library preview, as even macros will be listed.

You can either edit this HTML result, or convert/import it into Excel or a database.

Attached is the beginning of the browser view that resulted for me with the US library. Were I to have printed the output, it would have been 186 pages (!).

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Erika Epstein
Booster
Also note that the [US] library organization for the most part follows CSI specification format.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Karl Ottenstein
lec,

The other thing is to use the Find option in all library-related dialogs, so that those things whose CSI category might be ambiguous - or which you don't want to dig for - are found instantly.

See screenshot.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB