Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

compostie slab and wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all :
I have problem when I use composite salp with composite wall when the wall intersection with the salp some line go above other I solve that by use seo and send slap above the wall so I get the section - A -
my problem that I want the tile of the salp stop at concert of the wall like sectine - B -( I draw with 2d ) and when I use seo all slap cut all wall and when I use wall or skin priority nothing happen please help
thank ............

D-01 DETAIL1 copy.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi nourqueen85,

Try modelling the floor finish (the tiles) separately from the structure. This way you can avoid awkward situations like you show. It is also easier to vary the floor finish between rooms this way, and displays much better on plan.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you but any anather way.
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are a variety of other ways to model that junction. Some are practical, some less so!

1) Model the wall with a complex profile to the correct shape, then SEO the wall away from the slab.

2) Model the entire wall/slab junction with a complex profile applied to a beam. Stop the slab and walls to the edges of this beam. (A bit like this here )

3) Use another slab (or beam) in the wall set to the same composite but without the tiles. SEO this away from the wall. Stop the main floor slab at the edge of the wall.

Option 3 is probably the simplest. I've attached a image show this solution. The highlighted element is the separate slab SEOed away from the main wall. When deselected, the join can not be seen.
Wallslab_Junction_Option3.jpg