BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

generic perspective going blank

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, I was working with a model, and sudenly when I pressed F3 (3d view) there is no model, justa a blank white view... I can see model in generic axonometry, but not in perspective... All other views are working ok.. Does maybe someone know hot to solve that? I'm in a hurry
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Check either these things:
1-Zoom all/extend
2-Press F2 (black to plan view), then press ESC (maybe more than one), then press F3 again (or F4/F5)
3-Quit AC and open your file again.

Good luck
cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
non of that worked...
Here is the file.. Is there a way to delete perspective view and create it again, because it seams that that is the only empty view...
http://rapidshare.com/files/268810644/projekat_projektovano.zip.html
Anonymous
Not applicable
It could be that your perspective camera is not pointing at the model.
Check your perspective setting to make sure the view cone is pointing
at the model and the elevation of the camera and target are reasonable.
Peter Devlin
Eric Gedney
Participant
This happens to me every so often when I use the mouse to zoom when in perspective mode. Somehow the camera and the viewpoint get messed up that way. The way to avoid this is to use "Walk" to get around a perspective view.
As to a solution, bring up your "3D Perspective Settings" dialog box and change the various settings to something really simple. You may see that the distance from camera to eye is really small (in my case 3/8") This is the problem. This should reset the perspective rendering. After that you can bring up your previously saved perspectives.
Let me know if this works.
Eric Gedney, Architect

AC24 on Mac Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah it worked.. in settings, i had 'E+21' for distance from cammera... have no idea what that E is for... Thank you all
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
E+21 means 10 on the 21st power.
So you were light years from the model
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
WhiteMan wrote:
in settings, i had 'E+21' for distance from cammera... have no idea what that E is for...
For one explanation of scientific notation, including the use of "E", see:
Scientific Notation
and scroll down to E notation.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have issues in 3D once in a blue moon. Sometimes, all my layers are on in 3D, and only the floor slabs and fixtures are showing, for example. I restart archicad and things are ok. When it first happened, I thought I accidentally deleted some layers or walls or something...
Learn and get certified!