BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Doors arent' showing on 2D window, but do show in 3D??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't get doors to show the outline in 2D, but when I switch to 3D, it's there and I can manipulate it. I just don't know where it is in 2d. Help?? And yes, i've messed with every setting listed in door settings.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are they just showing as an empty opening in Plan? How are doors set to display in your Model View Options? (Document> Set Model View> Model View Options menu.)

Its also a good idea to add your Archicad version and system spec to a signature (in your forum profile) as answers can vary dependent on version.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using ArchiCAD 12, and the doors don't show as anything at all. It looks like I'm looking at a solid wall, like I never put the door there, but it's there in 3D.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I bet the floorplan cut plane is above the level of the door. If the door was set to 'projected' it would disappear in plan.

Either adjust the FP cut plane so it does cut through the door, or better still set the door to 'symbolic' so it will display regardless of where the cutplane is.

In fact I'd recommend setting all doors and windows to 'symbolic' by default, and only changing them to 'projected' in special cases.

Hope that helps!

Edit - Actually you should correct the FP cutplane anyway, as other objects and geometry may display incorrectly as well.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
GamecockStudent:

My first guess would be the same as Peter's, but then follow s2art's advice and check the Model View Options > Options for Construction Elements, for doors there is a "Hide on Floor Plan" option which replaces the doors with solid wall, no opening is shown at all.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Ingolf
Advocate
Often the problem is Floor Plan Cut Plane, and here is a way to solve it. Choose Document and then Floor Plan Cut Plane. (From my books)
Ingolf Sundfør, Bricklayer, Author of several Real Life Problem Solving Books for Archicaddicts in Norway.
PC/i7/W11/ArchiCAD 6.5-27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Original poster has not replied in 9 days so problem most likely has already been solve.
However, if not, see:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=29285
Learn and get certified!