Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

What schedule is this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wondering if anyone can recognize this schedule? If so, where can I find it? I think it was created in AC11 and I am currently using AC12. It was created by a previous AC user in relationship to zones. The current zone list sets have a different look and we prefer this schedule shown. Only if we can find it. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I have located the older files and it looks like it could've been generated from Rooms/Zones Categories list. If that's the correct list, my current challenge is to use that list from an AC12 file. I had briefly accessed the scheme list settings (which I can no longer figure out how to return) and it appeared that it was the list settings dialog box from v10 or earlier. Is there a way to export earlier list sets and import them to newer versions? That is what I am going to figure out right now and hopefully I will either reach my goal or hear some direction from here.

Graphic Program.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does the one in AC12 not do the job? Look under 'Lists'>'Zones'>'Room/Zone Categories AC12 xxx'. It appears to be identical to the one you attached.

To edit, in the navigator right-click on the 'Lists'>'Zones' category to bring up the link to 'set up list schemes'. Looking at the calculation guide (on the help menu), on page 7 it mentions that these calculation commands need to be added to the work environment. These are missing by default.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
To edit, in the navigator right-click on the 'Lists'>'Zones' category to bring up the link to 'set up list schemes'.
Ahhh! (relief) That is what I must've done the first time without thinking and couldn't find when I actually put thought to it. I did type in "Set up list schemes" in the help menu and almost all results wanted to lead me to the scheme settings within Work Environment. Noooo, that's not what I was looking for AC, but thank you very much.

For some reason, I am not seeing the Zones / Room Categories in my default AC12 program. But that's alright, I will just create a new list scheme mirroring the settings of the one I found in an older file and version. Thanks for pointing me in that direction, Peter.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ksymons19 wrote:
...For some reason, I am not seeing the Zones / Room Categories in my default AC12 program. But that's alright, I will just create a new list scheme mirroring the settings of the one I found in an older file and version....
The Room Categories List should be in the standard library. Mine's under C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 12\ArchiCAD Library 12\List Templates 12\Templates 12\Room_Categories.txt

I believe you can create a new zone list and then set the above file as the template.

Hope you get it sorted!
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is not going as well as I hoped. I did look in the List Templates and there is no such template existing there. Perhaps it's because I am operating some kind of US version of AC12? My templates folders get broken down between US and GEN templates which neither have the Room Categories in there anyhow. Does anyone know where I can download or add the Room Categories templates to my file?

UPDATE: I think I got it: Duplicated an existing format and within set up list schemes, clicked on start format wizard and saw I was able to select "Room List by Categories". At first I thought the shaded gray meant the option was not available. But now saw it was updated and I think I will just stick with the default settings now and move on. Again, thanks Peter for pointing me in this direction.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try this one from the INT library.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, that works too! And looks better I may add. Thanks again Peter.