BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Duplicated Dim

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
Please see attached.
For some reason, the dim went double in all view map.
Does any body know why?
And any undo-solution to it ? (Except deleting and/or create new dim)

Many thanks for your input

Cheers
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Did you by any chance use the DOCUMENT menu > DOCUMENT EXTRAS > SECONDARY DIMENSIONS > CONVERT DIMENSIONS ?
There is an REMOVE CONVERTED DIMENSIONS there as well.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know...it could be.
I'll keep an eye on this
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry,
You are right....It is secondary dimensions.
I just tested.
Many thanks
Djordje
Ace
Nguyen ...

So yourself a favour and do NOT, repeat NOT work on the black background. You are losing a significant portion of ArchiCAD's graphical feedback because you do, not to mention adding strain to your eyes.

It is 2009, not 1989. We have millions of colours and TFT monitors, not EGA cards with 4 colours and 12" CRT monitors, hopefully in colour. Yes, that is the reason for the black background.

WYSIWIG, remember? Is your Word, email client, Excel, also with the black background? Not? Wonder why ...

Sorry to not address the point that you have raised, but I can not help myself when I see black background in ArchiCAD screenshots.

Regards,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Djordje wrote:
Nguyen .../......Sorry to not address the point that you have raised,
but I can not help myself when I see black background in ArchiCAD screenshots. /..,
Sound advice Djordje, good to see you back. Trust you enjoyed your break.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
White or black background is a old diatribe, specially when you are talking with a die hard Cad monkey.

I used to say it was a matter of taste, until I read some scientific papers proving that black background (blackground?) is bad for your productivity.

Try to get your hand on this reference study:

Effect of Image Polarity on VDT Task Performance
Harry L. Snyder / Jennie J. Decker / Charles J. C. Lloyd / Craig Dye

http://oldwww.acm.org/perlman/hfeshci/Abstracts/90:1447-1451.html

It states clearly:
"Three experiments were conducted in which positive and negative contrast on visual display terminals were directly compared. Operator tasks included visual search and reading, with accuracy and timeliness of response measured. In all cases where significant differences exist, better performance was obtained with negative contrast (dark characters or symbols on a lighter background). The increases in performance range from a low of 2.0 percent to a high of 31.6 percent."

Increased performance as much as 31.6%!

Forget 64 bits, quadcore, 30" displays. Change your background to white, and you will be 30% more productive. Without spending a dime.
Learn and get certified!