BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

(help) chandalier

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm doing a project for a bar, and i want simulate the orignal chandeliers on my 3D and renders.

This is the original photo:
http://centro-inc.com/news/blog_images/FLO%20skygarden.jpg

My question is: - How i can put the bottom image inside of the semi circle ?

If u know other way to resolve my problem please let me know.. it's very important.

thanks
17 REPLIES 17
Erika Epstein
Booster
-Create a new material.
-Material Settings>Texture Tab> Select Picture
select the picture of the bottom of the light fixture.
- To the right of the picture set the reals size of the fixture diameter so the image is full size when shown once.
- Make sure your picture is in the appropriate loaded library
- Below this where is says "Sample" set this to 1x1 so the image will show once at full scale.

-Set the material to whatever transparency level it has and review other settings.

- Create a circular slab the exact size of this decorative bottom. On the bottom of the slab set the material to this new one you have created. You may want to have the top and sides of this disc a fully transparent material.

Put this slab disc in place.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
i already try that, but i don't know what i did wrong, i can't resize the image to show only once.. always repeat the image on the disc

"- Make sure your picture is in the appropriate loaded library"

witch is ? when i create a material, i load a image using "from a file dialog box"
Erika Epstein
Booster
The appropriate library would be the either the project library folder if this will be used only on this project or your OFFICE library folder if this will be used on more than one project.

You may have to align the image in 3D on the slab/disc.
In the 3D window select the slab/disc and orient it so you can see the image on the bottom.

Design>Align 3D Texture> Set Origin

Rest your cursor on the edge of the disc so you have a mercedes cursor then the center-point of the circular slab/disc will appear. Click there. This will center your image on the disc and as the disc is the exact size of the image you will have only one instance of the picture filling the surface.

If you are still having trouble post some screen shots of your settings.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Ralph Wessel
Mentor
goliveira wrote:
How i can put the bottom image inside of the semi circle ?
You could try OBJECTiVE. It includes profiling tools that can easily create the lamp shape. I created the attached image by lathing (sweeping) two profiles (one for the outer skin and another for the inner). Objects created by this add-on have a parameter to control the material direction, so an image can be aligned correctly.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Erika Epstein
Booster
I didn't realize the decoration was on the inside of the shade. You could still apply the photo to the material of the inside of the shade.

You should take a look at Ralph's Objective. It's an excellent supplement to archicad.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.. so far.. thanks for all tips..

but i still can't align the image on center, don't know why..

now im trying using Ralph's Objective, is exactly what i want, but i don't know how it works... Ralph can u give me more tips how you do that?

Thanks
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
goliveira wrote:
now im trying using Ralph's Objective, is exactly what i want, but i don't know how it works... Ralph can u give me more tips how you do that?
Refer to the attached image:
  • 1. Create a profile for the outer shell of the lamp fixture. Do this by drawing the profile with the poly-line tool (I've drawn a curve and a short straight segment. To create the profile, select the poly-line and use the menu OBJECTiVE -> Component -> New Profile. The New Profile dialog will appear - use the settings shown in the attached image (you may want to pick a library of your own though). You will be prompted to draw the centre-line of the lathed shape - do this as the dashed line indicates. A new profiled object will be placed overlaying the shape you drew.
    2. Repeat step 1 for the inner shell of the lamp fixture. I've drawn a single arc with the poly-line tool in this case.
    3. Create a material for the inner shell as Erika indicated, and select it in the settings of the inner shell object (as shown in the attached image). The outer shell can be whatever material you like.
    4. Drag the inner shell into the outer shell
    5. Rotate the two shells into the correct orientation by selecting them both and using the menu OBJECTiVE -> Tools -> Rotate
    6. The finished lamp should look something like this in plan
I can send these completed objects to you if you're pressed for time - let me know if this will help.
Lamp instructions.jpg
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
idon't know whats wrong with me..

i did all steps as u said, but when i select the material (any material) for inner or outer shape and press ok, the shape don't change still dark.

what ido wrong? can u send me your shapes? and please if u could tell me what i'm doing wrong?
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
goliveira wrote:
i did all steps as u said, but when i select the material (any material) for inner or outer shape and press ok, the shape don't change still dark.
Make sure the option to 'Use Object's Materials' is checked (see attached image). Also, you may want to put a lamp inside it if you want the fitting to appear lit.
use-materials.jpg
Ralph Wessel BArch
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!