Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Object Wall Marker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am trying to create a wall marker object that will allow the text inside to remain in a logical readable direction (not upside down) whatever angle that you place it. I am a beginner in GDL Scripting though have used similar in the past on other programs. Could some one advise me as to how to do it, show me the way to an example or otherwise assist it would be greatly appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
RandyC
Advocate
Try this (AZ scales W sets rotation)

AZ=tz*10/A_
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DEFINE STYLE "display""Arial",az,2,0
STYLE "display"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If W~>110 and W~<271 Then
ROT2 180
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Randy,

Thanks for your reply, I have tried to incorporate but does not seem to be working. Can you have a look & see what I might be doing wrong.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DEFINE STYLE "AGwall""isocpeur",1.75,5,0
STYLE "AGwall"
text2 0,0, text1
FRAGMENT2 1,0
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If W~>110 and W~<271 then
ROT2 180
endif
Barry Kelly
You need to place the text after the rotation.
If you don't need the fragment image rotated then leave that where it was before the rotation.
Barry.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DEFINE STYLE "AGwall""isocpeur",1.75,5,0
STYLE "AGwall"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROT2 180
endif

text2 0,0, text1
FRAGMENT2 1,0

DEL 1
endif
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,

Thank you for your reply.

But as I had found earlier when playing with the position of the text that when positioned as you have shown it rotated both the marker & the text contained within. When the object of the exercise is to have the Triangle part of the marker pointing at a wall & the text rotated such that it is logically positioned & not upside down.
Anonymous
Not applicable
To Barry & Randy,

Your help was very useful & have now succesfully fixed the Wall Mrker.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to post a reply.

Regards

Wayne
Anonymous
Not applicable
Attached is a Version 11 GDL (inside a ZIP file) I made that does what I think you're wanting. See if it works.