Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL Objeck Download

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I downloaded GDL object from archicad GDL object depository- Mikomax office furniture library & Bonnelycle furniture pack 01, but i can't open it in my Archicad 11. Pls help

Is it the GDL object created on Archicad 12, can not open on Archicad 11 ???
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hazel wrote:
Is it the GDL object created on Archicad 12, can not open on Archicad 11 ???
Yep
Erich
Contributor
You will notice in the header of each object in the depository the version is listed. You should check this before downloading any part. Generally you should assume that you will not be able to open and use parts created on a version newer than the one you use.

Occasionally there may be versions for which this is not true (I haven't been on AC long enough to say for sure) but AC 12 had some big behind the scenes changes to the way library objects work that certainly prevent them from being used in any older version.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ,

Thank you so much.
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
Mikomax office furniture library & Bonnelycle furniture pack 01, but i can't open it in my Archicad 11
Mikomax is prepared for ArchiCAD 11 PL - I've checked it once more, my files works under this version. Bønnelycke library is made for version 12.
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I do not really understand why the object libraries are made with the
latest AC version available thus limiting the amount of potential users.

I downloaded both of these libraries and converted to version 10 with no errors in 2D,
settings dialog or 3D ---> so no version 11 or 12 GDL there.

If someone needs them please PM.

--
Regards, Juha
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
Juha wrote:
I do not really understand why the object libraries are made with the
latest AC version available thus limiting the amount of potential users.
In one month will be available new ArchiCAD 13. Then Mikomax furniture will be available in 5 different versions of ArchiCAD (11, 12, 13, SE2008, SE2009).
Backward compatibility is important question but somebody should pay for extra work... 🙂
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Rafal,

Thanks for a nice library, it has been a lot of work to make it.

The thing I do not understand is why it is published as version 12
when there is no reason to do it as version 10 or 11. The library
does not contain any GDL that is 11 or 12 only.
In one month will be available new ArchiCAD 13. Then Mikomax furniture will be available in 5 different versions of ArchiCAD (11, 12, 13, SE2008, SE2009).
Would save a lot of hazzle to save one version only; all these work with 10 or 11.
(SE2008 is same as version 11, SE2009 is same as version 12)
Backward compatibility is important question but somebody should pay for extra work...
It took 5 minutes to convert Mikomax PLUS Bønnelycke to version 10 so it's not even billable. I could donate the 10 version if you want it. Writing this post took longer.

I would suggest language versioning INT / POL instead of wasting time and client's money on these AC versions.

Keep up the good work.

--

Best regards, Juha
Erika Epstein
Booster
Juha,
What is the process you used to convert the library parts from 12 back to 10 or 11?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Erika,

The conversion is made with Graphisoft's Library Developer Kit(s). Firstly the
library is converted to XML with the newer kit and then back to binary (gsm)
with the older kit. In addition editing with search-replace is easy when the
files are in XML / plain text mode.

These kits truly save time and efforts.

The version 12 kit is available here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/developer/downloads/index.html

and the older ones here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/developer/downloads/archives.html

Hope this helps.

--
Regards, Juha

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum