Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Known and less known add-ons for ArchiCad

TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi!

Besides GS, Cigrah, Cadimage plugins, what are the other plugins available for Archicad ?

It would be intresting to have a list of the availabe/disapeared plugins for archicad, which one you find interesting (even from gs/abvent/cadimage/cigraph)

maybe like this one...or the sadly dispeared rx duplicator or Plan2model

[UPDATE] In this link, there is a preliminary list of "the known" ArchiCAD addons.
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous
Not applicable
Some nice hungarian add-ons and libraries http://eptar.hu/eptar_letoltes.php
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:

The Add-On IS updated for Archicad 12 (see below), although I haven't used that version myself.
The f...ing demo reel won't work on my Macs either.
Wow!!! Thanks!!! Working on my macintel AC12 (just rename SFT to SFT.apx)
In the mid 90s - which would pre-date the widespread distribution of the SDK - American ArchiCAD resellers started oohing and ahhhhing about a new tool in the Japanese version of ArchiCAD that produced the shadowing studies required by the Building Authorities there.

As I recall it plotted the shadow's cast on adjacent buildings and their duration throught he course of a day in each season. Calculations were involved to satisfy shadow footprint requirements and so a graphic was produced. A one-off thing like an EcoDesigner report.

Is there anyone on this Forum that:

a) saw it in action;
b) know of its current status;
c) if they had it, could re-write it for current versions and give it or sell it;
d) know why the hell it isn't standard fare in all versions of the software, esp. now that we're all so environmentally aware.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Erika Epstein
Booster
If I recall correctly, Ignacio Azpiazu on this forum was asking how to do just this in archicad in the last year or two. Not that we all aren't wanting this.
Aaron,
As you are a reseller, have you already contacted the Japanese reseller about this?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Erika,

Good suggestion. I'll put it on the to-do list.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
TMA_80
Enthusiast
it seems there is a new archicad plugin (saw this on the AU (winter session) ads ) !

http://hicad.rs/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=222&Itemid=5

Anyone have an idea how this add-on works (not a free one / 200 euros !)

P.S: while late, thanks Thomas for the ac12 Cembrit plugin link , now we should have the one for the 13th edition 😉 (& thanks everyone for your inputs )
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
I still miss all rx add-ons:
rxAutoMaterials
rxDuplicator
rxGutters
Thomas wrote:
The Smart Facade Tool is made (or sponsored) by Cembrit Holding A/S which is a Danish fibre cement board operation with a lot of nice products, like these (hover your mouse in the pictures, and disregard the Swedish). If you want to use similar products, this may be worth trying.

The Add-On is primarily intended to make it easy to specify and order their Cembrit/Minerit products, but with some lateral thinking you can of course extend its use.

The Add-On IS updated for Archicad 12 (see below), although I haven't used that version myself.
The f...ing demo reel won't work on my Macs either.
Thank you very much!!!!!!
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
TMA_80
Enthusiast
So, from some recent posts a serie of sharware plugins ( hope to see some of them integrated into archicad 😉 😞

simpleaddon.com
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
TMA_80 wrote:
So, from some recent posts a serie of sharware plugins ( hope to see some of them integrated into archicad 😉 😞

simpleaddon.com
When I try to download txt shows up in the safari, any reason why?