Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Zone Areas into GDL object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,
Can I bring in/ request Gross Areas/ from zones into objects? if so how about zones from other windows/ stories?

This is for a floor plan stamp & also a coverage calculation stamp. For the site stamp The Site Area will be a user input. & the building outline will be drawn using a zone, I would like this area to be included in the object thus a formula then written so that the coverage percentage will be automatically calculated.

For the Floor plan stamp I would like to have a zone representing the floor area, then put into the object with another formula also providing the imperial sq. ft measurement. Also there will be a total floor plan area grabbing a zone area from another story/s & totalling them on the stamp.

I am pretty close on getting this working. its just the area request.

Help!
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What I would probably do is write out the data I need from the script of the Zone Stamps into a File.
Then I would read that data from the file by the other object displaying those results.
You could use the GDL TEXT I/O or DATA I/O commands, or possibly even its XML commands although I have not tried that one yet so I have no experience with it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy,
Thank You for your reply.
Is there any examples in The ArchiCAD libraries I can refer to that work in the way you have described?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Dwayne wrote:
laszlonagy,
Thank You for your reply.
Is there any examples in The ArchiCAD libraries I can refer to that work in the way you have described?
I honestly do not know, I do not know the library parts that well.

You can refer to the GDL Reference Manual to see how these file operations work.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27