Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

grape vine

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone have model of grape vine, or sth like that.I need it quick...Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

The better i find is that Fruit basket
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you but I was looking for grape vine - a plant (tree), not just fruit....Like in the picture...
grapevine-t13075.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry

I don't have then.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check out Ivy Generator.
http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/
It will "grow" a vining plant. It exports as .obj so you need to convert that to .3ds to get it into ArchiCAD.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This looks cool...but I can't import any object,I thought that I will get them with ivy application but obviously I didn't...
Karl Ottenstein
Davor wrote:
This looks cool...but I can't import any object,I thought that I will get them with ivy application but obviously I didn't...
Hi Davor,

As Michael suggested, you'll want to look for models in 3DS format. In order to import 3DS you need to install a free add-on to ArchiCAD that can be downloaded from a web page reached via Help > Goodies

The download includes a help file, but you can also search for '3ds import' in these forums using this search page:
http://archicadstuff.blogspot.com/

You'll find lots of posts to help.

The reason for using that Google search instead of the forum's own search is that the forum software will not search for any term that is 3 characters or less ... and so cannot find "3ds".

You can also import dwg/dxf files as 3d objects by opening them as library parts ... but they will not have any texture maps. The nice thing about 3ds is that any texture maps come along into the created GDL object.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl, this was helpful!