BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiCAD | Tekla Integration

Its one of those great press releases that doesn't really say anything at all, but get it on your radar anyway:

GRAPHISOFT and Tekla Team Up for Best-in-Class AEC Workflow

http://www.graphisoft.com/community/press_zone/gs-tekla.html

At least it is written in the present tense and not the future tense.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
The sharing of the same workflow sounds like a really good thing. At the moment Revit has the distinct advantage of having a version specifically for structural work that obviously has the same workflow as the architectural version, so users can easily switch between with no loss of productivity, and all data is retained. If the Tekla/ArchiCAD relationship can give the same advantages then it should give a lot of confidence to users thinking of buying either program.

The ideal solution would be a Tekla add-on to enable structural design and analysis directly within ArchiCAD itself, and not have to use an external program at all. I've no idea how feasible this is though.
owen
Newcomer
Aaron wrote:
Its one of those great press releases that doesn't really say anything at all, but get it on your radar anyway
Management speak. They might just be saying:

'our applications work well together, you should try it!'

or

'we are working on making our applications work better together'

obviously the later is far more interesting .. hopefully we see a little more concrete information soon.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I notice there is going to be a webinar on the 4th November about the GS/Tekla partnership, which someone may be interested in. The link's on this page -

http://www.tekla.com/international/about-us/news/pages/1339628_20090909101401.aspx

I'm slightly confused about the time it's being held. I think it should read 23:00 GMT Standard Time, not 11:00 GMT Standard time, but I have sent them an email to double check.

I'll post again if I hear anything back.
Learn and get certified!