Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Interesting Article about Archicad 13 and Teamwork 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Provides some insight on what might be coming up next.

Next-Gen BIM:
Graphisoft Teamwork 2.0 will revolutionize
BIM/IPD workflow and collaboration
http://www.laiserin.com/features/issue25/feature01.pdf
www.laiserin.com/
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bricklyne,

I agree with you. Imagine the sounds of the forest drums:
BOOM, boom, boom.
I'll interpret for you:
BOOM, boom, boom = fix the stairs! Really!
BOOM, boom, boom = fix the axial constraints for true 3d part rotation!
BOOM, boom, boom = fix the doors and windows library parts!
BOOM, boom, boom = fix the BYZANTINE mindset of the programmers;
as a tiny example; Text tool and Label tool don't BOTH have an identical "scale with plan" option!
BOOM, boom, boom = fix the Help files. EX: 1) Why doesn't the Help Index include an entry for 3d Text or Text-3D, 2) as a newbie I'd read the forums about SEO, but the Help Index doesn't have SEO (only Solid Elements Operations), SO at midnight on my own, that type of omission IS frustrating. OK, I'll stop here.

Liscencee (AC-9 to date),

Mark

PS Any bets?, "Will AC stairs will be fixed before we have transporters?"
Erika Epstein
Booster
Ah, but there were a few steps up to the transporter 🙂
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chazz wrote:
...Only the changes are transmitted instead of the whole file....
Along those lines, imagine an Edit/Undo that has a drop down list!
EX: I want to undo the fourth action ago, but leave actions 1,2,3 alone. WOW! (Unavailable actions could be grayed out (due to user changes to the environment, etc.)

Mark
Wokka
Contributor
snapcrackle wrote:
Chazz wrote:
...Only the changes are transmitted instead of the whole file....
Along those lines, imagine an Edit/Undo that has a drop down list!
EX: I want to undo the fourth action ago, but leave actions 1,2,3 alone. WOW! (Unavailable actions could be grayed out (due to user changes to the environment, etc.)

Mark
Like Photoshop History panel from version 5 - 1998!
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Bricklyne,
That article itself is only about TW2 as a BIM model-based collaboration solution and not ArchiCAD 13 as a whole.
So let us not make any early assumptions as to the whole of the release when only partial information is available about it.
Reading this makes me wonder. Laugh or cry?

So this is not about AC13 as a whole. Oh my god so there are other features not in the announchment!! Wow... so let me think. What are the chances there is a single good feature not announced but kept secret for a suprise upon delivery!!....

Hmmmm..... let me do the maths......zero.... let me do it again....ah... i spotted an error on my calculations... its -100%...... Now i am sure

Please dont treat us like idiots. AC13 is just about TW2. If you use it, its great, if you dont its a piece of garbage. Period. Dont try to make it look other than it is.

For god's shake... the program after 13 releases, does not support proper stair making and does not support proper land modelling! (among the hundreds of missing stuff)
There's no way out of this situation.

Transporter technology is not yet ready for prime time. So...,

I think I'm just going to jump off a cliff. But I think I'll find a really nice one somewhere in Greece to do it. Paros, perhaps. Or Crete.

But maybe I'll travel to France first (or Quebec) and find a really great pedestal tub full of warm water. A good wrist slashing before I jump on the plane for Athens.

I'll fly Alitalia, of course, so that I can party like its 1999 in a smoke filled cabin full of American tourists.

Goodbye Cruel World!

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1