Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Show some of your Renderings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it would be a fun idea to show some renderings of homes you've designed in Archicad, kind of like a little portfolio or show and tell.

So I'll start with a few:

361 REPLIES 361
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Adon wrote:
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
This house design is done by architect Conny Strandell. It's is a render straight from the building permit model. I just wanted to show a normal modern Swedish villa. Nothing fancy or extravagant but the daily bread for many architects.

Cheers,
Mats
thats cool, it is such a contrast to a "typical " Australian house.
Thanks for sharing,

Adon
Well this is one "type". Check the links I posted to see some more examples.
Design fashion right now is quite boxy.
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Robert Fuchs
Booster
"Mats_Knutsson" wrote:
We have so many users doing such great stuff but they rarely hang on Internet. These are old ones we've collected during the years. Dating from pre-2000 until a few years ago. We should update but IMO the quality is so good even from AC6 so it's more an architectural display rather the CAD/BIM/nerd stuff...
http://www.graphisoft.se/archicad/referenser/kundbilder/index.html

WOW! Some of those designs would be really hard to model.
I am impressed.
Robert Fuchs
Miller Bosksus Lack Architects, P.A.
2x2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon w/10 GB RAM
Mac OSX 10.6.4, AC 14 (3004 USA Full)
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Robert wrote:
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
We have so many users doing such great stuff but they rarely hang on Internet. These are old ones we've collected during the years. Dating from pre-2000 until a few years ago. We should update but IMO the quality is so good even from AC6 so it's more an architectural display rather the CAD/BIM/nerd stuff...
http://www.graphisoft.se/archicad/referenser/kundbilder/index.html

WOW! Some of those designs would be really hard to model.
I am impressed.
Not really. You model/present what you get paid for. I mean large and/or complicated projects take more time of course but it's the 2D-drawings combined with revisions over and over that takes the most time. This is the area where ArchiCAD is really superstrong compared to the other packages but it's far from perfect.
I'll try to find my old stuff I did at NCC some 6-7 years ago. It was structural engineering but nevertheless nice models.
AC 25 SWE Full

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do agree with you... the John Robertson work on the link you posted highlights the effective use of the AC model for both presentation and construction documentation. Some really nice looking work..

There is some really great work out there that would help GS 'sell' AC.. trouble is a lot of the stuff you see is not of such a high standard..

Even though the work on the link is impressive it would be good to see some current AC work by some of these firms.

C & J's work is very impressive.
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
mattjc wrote:
I do agree with you... the John Robertson work on the link you posted highlights the effective use of the AC model for both presentation and construction documentation. Some really nice looking work..

There is some really great work out there that would help GS 'sell' AC.. trouble is a lot of the stuff you see is not of such a high standard..

Even though the work on the link is impressive it would be good to see some current AC work by some of these firms.

C & J's work is very impressive.

This is a catch 22. What makes your company successful is good design (not that much to to with CAD/BIM...) and good workflow. ArchiCAD has a the best workflow on the market but it is hard to show in a fancy model. I know it's easy to buy cool features and I can just notice that many companies buy that. I also always want what I don't have but when what I have is the best for my business I'm fine with that and also I try not to scream about the thing I lack but want...
A fancy model is just a snapshot view of an ongoing process...
I'll keep saying this until they bury me... Workflow is KING!!!
I'll try to put out some more recent stuff (still architectural design!!! we must remember what we do!). The coolest projects are almost always kept under a lid and we get to see them when they're almost done. Btw in Sweden we don't do that many cool projects...

These guys in Finland are probably the best AC users in the Universe: www.cej.fi Check them out! Vikings rule!

😉
AC 25 SWE Full

Rod Jurich
Contributor
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
/....These guys in Finland are probably the best AC users in the Universe: www.cej.fi Check them out! Vikings rule!
Cheers Mats, fantastic site
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
off topic - don't know where to put this - a different slant on architectural delineation: http://bldgblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/book-of-space.html

- sent to me me by my friends at Hendrick's Gin who like to publish unusual stuff on their facebook page. (the gin is pretty good, too).
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
These guys in Finland are probably the best AC users in the Universe: www.cej.fi Check them out! Vikings rule!
Do you know what other software these guys use.. artlantis?

I have been using autocad for the last year and my workflow has suffered! (change of jobs) It makes the process that much longer..
Of course its the design work and buildings that make you successful.. not the tools/software used to get there.. ..it sure can make life easier though!
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
mattjc wrote:
Do you know what other software these guys use.. artlantis?

I have been using autocad for the last year and my workflow has suffered! (change of jobs) It makes the process that much longer..
Of course its the design work and buildings that make you successful.. not the tools/software used to get there.. ..it sure can make life easier though!
ArtLantis and Maxwell
AC 25 SWE Full

Anonymous
Not applicable
One of my first tries with Maxwell render