Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Pen sets for master layouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently created a pen set for electrical plans that takes all our standard pens (#'s 1-100 we typically use) and makes them all really light. Then, I created a few pens (#245-255) that are darker that we will use for the electrical "stuff". This makes the walls, fixtures, etc. look very light, almost ghosted in, and the electrical stuff pop out. All fine and dandy.

The problem came when I went to the electrical sheet and set just the electrical drawing to my new electrical pen set. It also changed the title to this lighter set. Not only did it do it to the title for that one electrical sheet, it went through the whole project and changed all the titles to the new lighter pen, even though the drawings for them are set to a darker pen set. In addition, the sheet title block and cover sheet lines/text/fill got changed. How do you set a pen set for a sheet, or what else can I do??
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
AH HA! I figured it out myself . (who'd of figured??)

When at the sheet level, just go to "Options" then "Element attributes" and "pen sets" like normal. Just set the pen set to your standard, in my case switch it from "electrical" and then all the sheets change. The one thing that will not change is the electrical drawings that I have specifically set to be on the electrical pen set. They stay put. Even though all my other drawings were set to my standard pen set, for some reason (BUG??) it changed all the other drawings titles only when I switched the one drawing. This is the same with layers. If you notice not everything on a title sheet is printing, it may be because when you're at the sheet level, all the layers are not on and something on your sheet is on one of those not visible layers.

I think they should have a setting in the master layout settings that set layers and pen sets for the sheet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you've figured it out. Changing the pen set via Options> Element Attributes> Pen Sets is a Layout-wide change (so don't). Select the individual drawing(s) on the layout, go to their settings and change pen set assignment (in Properties tab) and it will change that placed drawing only.

And if you always want all your Master info to print at all times put all master elements on the Archicad layer (highly recommended)
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
And if you always want all your Master info to print at all times put all master elements on the Archicad layer (highly recommended)
Found that out the hard way!
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
I think you've figured it out. Changing the pen set via Options> Element Attributes> Pen Sets is a Layout-wide change (so don't). Select the individual drawing(s) on the layout, go to their settings and change pen set assignment (in Properties tab) and it will change that placed drawing only.

I have a similar issue. I would like all my title information on the master layout to use a black pen, so that I can have the option of printing my sheets in color, (for presentation) but still have a uniform black titleblock. I can't seem to find the location to change these settings. What am I missing?
Anonymous
Not applicable
My master lines/text, from a sheet layout, are red for some reason, but they're actually black on the master. Not sure why they show red. But if I print color, they print black as they should.
Barry Kelly
Steven wrote:
My master lines/text, from a sheet layout, are red for some reason, but they're actually black on the master. Not sure why they show red. But if I print color, they print black as they should.
There is an option (in the Work Environment I think) that allows you to set the items on the master layout to appear on screen in a particular colour.
They will still print in whatever colour they have actually been drawn in.

Linz,
If you have lines and text on youe master layouts then you will need to set these to a black pen if you want them to print black.
If you have linked drawings on your masters then you can set those drawings (in their settings dialogue) to use an alternate pen set that has the pens set to black.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Barry wrote:
Steven wrote:
There is an option (in the Work Environment I think) that allows you to set the items on the master layout to appear on screen in a particular colour.
They will still print in whatever colour they have actually been drawn in.
Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > On-Screen Options > Use uniform color for Master items on Layouts.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14