Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Doors aren't visible in plan view

DaveOlufs
Participant
On some walls, I can't see the doors in plan view BUT I can see them in 3D. At other walls I can install doors and see them but not all walls in plan view. It makes no sense. I'm trying to install a D1 metal door, nothing fancy.

One of the reasons I left AC on v6.5 was it took forever to set parameters and now I'm back to the same agonizing activities. I'm trying to get doors, windows, etc. set so I can use them as FAVORITES.

I'm trying to use V12... and not doing very well.
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon
have you checked that the library is loaded and/or that you have the correct Model View Settings?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein
Hi Dave,

A lot has changes since 6.5...

Wall display responds to the Floor Plan Cut Plane (which is memorized as part of a view) and several settings shown in the screenshot.

Door/Window display also varies, but "Symbolic" gives the 'classic' appearance. See next screenshot.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Window display settings screenshot...
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
...and the Model View Options that Eduardo mentioned. These, too, are memorized as part of each saved view.
DaveOlufs
Participant
Karl,

Thanks for the responses... As it turned out, I had the symbolic view changed. I don't know how, since I use fairly generic 3d elements because I don't want to spend so much time setting parameters.

Before I resolved the issue, I installed doors in other walls with no problems. It was about 5 or 6 walls that had settings changed. I did T&E until I got the doors visible in plan view but couldn't tell you what I did.

And yes things have changed dramatically since v6.5. I feel like a 1st grader trying to read War & Peace.

Thanks, Dave Olufs
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
Karl Ottenstein
Glad you got it figured out, Dave.
DaveOlufs wrote:
I feel like a 1st grader trying to read War & Peace.
I'm not sure it is any easier for me now...

Karl